• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit application deadlines

KIX

Funny you should post this now....

I just had a person contact me through my site about this very same thing. The conversation started over it being 12 weeks and a town still using the fingerprint excuse. I told the person the same statutes Ed has cited above and the history on it and they CALLED SLFU.

When you call, you get the same vague answers you get from the issuing authority "it sometimes takes over three months to get the background check". Of course, they do this just to get you off the phone.

I only wish mail didn't take so long at times (days) because it just gives them more wiggle room. When you send the mail, send it certified, return receipt requested so you have a legit record of when you contacted them.

Jonathan

dmjs

Stir the Pot

Well today, I decided to head on down to MPD and play "Stir the Pot". I can tell you that it worked out well and only lasted less than 30 minutes, and walked out with my Temporary Permit in hand and headed over to CT SP Headquarters and walked right in (no one else in line) and took less than 5 minutes and walked out with permit in paw.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Be Safe and enjoy