• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pharmacy employee draws weapon and fires on robbers in north highlands ca

Kirbinator

Bear in mind that BOTH the victim and the sister were not born here, and their parents weren't either. They didn't grow up in a society or family unit that accepted guns as a self-defense tool. Many Eastern European folks have the mindset to either rule, or be ruled. So there are those who will Mexican Carry (IWB w/o holster, henceforce IWBWOH), and carry regardless of laws, local or distant. And there are those who will not carry, because that is for the police and military, and they are neither and do not want "to bring trouble" on themselves.

Last edited:

XDM 9MM Squared

Sad story, but not me!

It’s sort of upsetting to me that the one person made the comment about the man "The second time, I don't know why this happened. I guess it's because someone thought they could be a hero."

I guess she thinks that everyone should have to stand around and wait to be shot in the face while these thugs go on their rampage for drugs?

Not me and not the man in the store with the gun!

ZO6Vettever

It's a damned shame we the people need to be armed to somewhat insure our safety. These gangsta thugs ain't happy with the loot, they gotta shoot or beat you down for the hell of it. Catch them and keep them off the streets forever. Of course I myself would much rather see a death sentence carried out but it's Cali. If caught and found guilty they will probably serve no more then 7-10 years, get out, and do it all over.:banghead:

Last edited:

kubel

"I guess it's because someone thought they could be a hero."

Seriously? Have all humans devolved to this kind of thinking? So it's not the fault of the armed felon, let's put all of the blame on the individual trying to save his life.

"Regardless of which gun fired the bullet that killed Gurskiy, the suspect who fired his gun can still be charged with murder, as Gurskiy's death was a result of his crime of robbery, Curran said."

At least the police have common sense.

I hope they find these murderers and stand trial for the tragedy that they caused.

AFPVet

I just wonder why the victim didn't place a weapon at the business for her as well.... She may very well have saved her own life. The armed citizen could probably lacked training on engaging multiple assailants.

Last edited:

Claytron

my bad i got this thread and the one above it mized up when i read it too fast, thought it said- "Obama draws weapon and fires on robbers in north highlands ca"

the images that went through my mind in that split second were bad ass.