• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic in Frankenmuth

SQLtables

imported post

I'll try to get there a bit early. I'll try to get some space in the pavillion by the volleyball courts when you go down into the park by the harvey kern building (the big blue and white building), if not I'll try to get some room in another pavillion. I'll probably be wearing my "did you know" shirt, but just look for The people ocing.

There is a pavillion on the other side of the street from the big blue building, and a couple behind it, so if you don't see me, check those. I drive a white 2002 impala.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Judy and I had a great time at the picnic today. Good food.. good friends.. and new friends. All good.

On the way home we stopped for gas at a small party store and, after pumping gas, we both went inside... me to pay for the gas and Judy just to go along. Judy got a lot of looks because the pink grips of her J frame S&W do tend to stand out.

Then a fellow behind the counter asked if I were a cop and I quickly told him no.. I am just an ordinary citizen. A long and very productive conversation followed and, after leaving a pamphlet with the fellow who now wants to open carry, we finally went home. Me to mow the lawn and Judy to relax for a while.

Again... all good.

CoonDog

imported post

I had a good time at my first OC picnic. It was nice to finally put some faces with the names. Thanks to everyone for attending and especially to whoever brought the baked beans!

MrsRuger45

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
I had a good time at my first OC picnic. It was nice to finally put some faces with the names. Thanks to everyone for attending and especially to whoever brought the baked beans!
if I'm not mistaken, those were made by geek4ever's wife. :cool:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
CoonDog wrote:
if I'm not mistaken, those were made by geek4ever's wife. :cool:

You are mistaken!

But at least you're consistent.

SQLtables

imported post

dougwg wrote:
MrsRuger45 wrote:
CoonDog wrote:
I had a good time at my first OC picnic.  It was nice to finally put some faces with the names.  Thanks to everyone for attending and especially to whoever brought the baked beans!
if I'm not mistaken, those were made by geek4ever's wife.  :cool:

You are mistaken!

But at least you're consistent.

... Come on...aren't you guys getting tired of this crap yet?