• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pierce County District Court 2nd Amendment Violation? Komo Problem Solvers

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I don't understand your humor.

Yes I know, sometimes when one is to close to the subject it is hard to see or understand a different position.

Your statement of
"How many times have you seen a judge on TV or a movie threaten to have an attorney disbarred. He couldn't do that if it wasn't controlled by the state. "
and then
"I was merely showing an example that the average Joe could relate to"
is humorist in the concept of relying upon a TV Show or Movie to be accurate enough (after all the editing and adjustments to the story line) to even consider as a legal reference to ones life and livelihood and then to refer to others on the forum as average Joe's needing something as this to understand!

So in short if it was not in humor then you have insulted most people that participate in gun forums do not take the time to understand the laws and they rely upon TV Shows/Movies for their knowledge, not to mention your own reference material is from MOVIES! as there was no reference to any educational material.

Sarcasm On "Judge, Judge, that is not what they did on Law and Order" Sarcasm Off

tombrewster421

Yes I know, sometimes when one is to close to the subject it is hard to see or understand a different position.

Your statement of
"How many times have you seen a judge on TV or a movie threaten to have an attorney disbarred. He couldn't do that if it wasn't controlled by the state. "
and then
"I was merely showing an example that the average Joe could relate to"
is humorist in the concept of relying upon a TV Show or Movie to be accurate enough (after all the editing and adjustments to the story line) to even consider as a legal reference to ones life and livelihood and then to refer to others on the forum as average Joe's needing something as this to understand!

So in short if it was not in humor then you have insulted most people that participate in gun forums do not take the time to understand the laws and they rely upon TV Shows/Movies for their knowledge, not to mention your own reference material is from MOVIES! as there was no reference to any educational material.

Sarcasm On "Judge, Judge, that is not what they did on Law and Order" Sarcasm Off

The bottom line is that most of the people on this forum are average joes. We may be more well versed on the laws regarding firearms than the general populace, but that certainly doesn't make us law experts in most other areas. I was relating what I learned from an expert by using something from a source that most people have heard. In no way am I relying on movies for my knowledge. As I said, I learned this from an expert and plan on sharing the source with others as soon as I get it back from my brother. And seriously, how many attorneys are on the Washington forum? Five at most maybe? This isn't an area that most of us have dealt with. Did you miss the part where I talk about where I learned this? (hint) It wasn't TV or movies.

END_THE_FED

Pardon?

Please elaborate on the relationship between the bar association and the State.

RCW 2.48.010

There is hereby created as an agency of the state, for the purpose and with the powers hereinafter set forth, an association to be known as the Washington State Bar Association, hereinafter designated as the state bar, which association shall have a common seal and may sue and be sued, and which may, for the purpose of carrying into effect and promoting the objects of said association, enter into contracts and acquire, hold, encumber and dispose of such real and personal property as is necessary thereto.

What we need is an actual lawyer, not an attorney. There's a difference. A lawyer is someone who knows laws and contracts their expertise out to help others in court. An attorney is a member of the bar association and in that respect works for the state...........

RCW 2.48.170

No person shall practice law in this state subsequent to the first meeting of the state bar unless he shall be an active member thereof as herein before defined: PROVIDED, That a member of the bar in good standing in any other state or jurisdiction shall be entitled to appear in the courts of this state under such rules as the board of governors may prescribe.