• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pit bulls

Decoligny

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
I hate to question your sense of distance, but a 10 yard shot at a charging dog is one heck of a shot. You sure it wasn't more like 10 feet?

I tend to think that even if a dog is charging, it is probably going to be traveling at a pretty steady rate of speed, and in a pretty straight line towards its intended victim.

I can routinely put rounds into a grapefruit size target at 30 to 50 feet. Even with adrenaline, it shouldn't be too hard to center mass at that distance.

Sionadi

imported post

10 yards is NOT a hard shot at all for me. i regularly participate in pistol matches. so shooting a dog sized target at 10 yards even with adrenaline pumping is a piece of cake for me.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I learned to ride when I was five. I'm 49 now. The horse has nothing to do with why I don't believe that the circumstances that he conveyed here are true. Nothing personal.
Why so reluctant to elaborate?

ODA 226

imported post

marshaul wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
I learned to ride when I was five. I'm 49 now. The horse has nothing to do with why I don't believe that the circumstances that he conveyed here are true. Nothing personal.
Why so reluctant to elaborate?

Here's what I think happened: Sionadicame upon the dogs, who were stationary and not a threat. He got off his horse and shot the first dog. The other two froze momentarily giving him another easy shot. The third then ran away.

Sionadi

imported post

no no no

The dogs were up the trail a bit, i loaded my gun and continued on my way. The dogs walked towards me and my horse jumped and bucked so i slid to the ground and then shot at the dogs who were now running cause my horse ran.

ODA 226

imported post

Sionadi wrote:
no no no

The dogs were up the trail a bit, i loaded my gun and continued on my way. The dogs walked towards me and my horse jumped and bucked so i slid to the ground and then shot at the dogs who were now running cause my horse ran.
How far away were they when they supposedly "charged" you?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Find it hard to believe that this thread has gone on for 6 pages. :?

If there aren't enough contradictions evident through the OPs posts, you are not reading carefully enough.

Read his 36 posts under his profile and you will get the message. 'Nuff said?

Yata hey

ODA 226

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Find it hard to believe that this thread has gone on for 6 pages. :?

If there aren't enough contradictions evident through the OPs posts, you are not reading carefully enough.

Read his 36 posts under his profile and you will get the message. 'Nuff said?

Yata hey

Thanks Grapeshot! I didn't want to be dragged into an online argument with someone who had contridicted himself repeatedly. It was painfully obvious to me that this story was a tall-tale from the begining.

Nuff said.