• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza Hut employee kills 2 in attempted robbery

robert68

Someone should know

It should be an interesting study to determine/compile the data of companies like this (delivery/cash handling) when some deny employees the right to arm themselves. I doubt the employers would cooperate, but i wonder what the data would show.

Do criminals target those companies they believe to be unarmed, or trained not to resist?

I believe in armed self defense, but i believe the employer should have the right to choose police. I just don't think anyone should choose to work for such companies that don't provide for the defense of the employees, as i suspect it really does invite violent criminals.

P.S., it shouln't be too hard to learn of their policy, just apply for a job. They would have to let you know then.

Last edited:

zack991

I believe in armed self defense, but i believe the employer should have the right to choose police.I just don't think anyone should choose to work for such companies that don't provide for the defense of the employees, as i suspect it really does invite violent criminals.

It should be made law that if any employer forbids his employees from their RIGHT TO self defense, the employer must have some type of STATE and or Home Land security certified armed guard. That is to include police in there that will protect his employees at all times. I know I will hear that no one is forcing you to work there, agreed but employees have the right to have a safe work environment. If they are denied their right to self defense than the employers owe their employees protection. At least a law forbidding an employer from firing an employee who uses a firearm in self defense like the pizza guys, considering their public no guns policy has endangered their employees because the employer refuse to do anything to protect their employees. Needless the say I would do the same as the delivery guy has done.

Last edited: