• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning meeting to fight gun ban

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I hate to say it but, maybe it's time for the Seattle PD to come sack-up and come out with a formal statement saying that they will not enforce this illegal ordinance no matter what the mayor says. Seems like that would be a pretty easy way to get out of the pickle they're in. That would also be a strong statement of SPD'scommitment to their oath of service and the 2nd Amendment.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, that's how I am sometimes. If you have a problem with that, get over it.

Tawnos

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
From last nights meeting, someone asked about marching in a parade. Here is the RCW why we can't march armed.

RCW 38.40.120
Authorized military organizations.

No organized body other than the recognized militia organizations of this state, armed forces of the United States, students of educational institutions where military science is a prescribed part of the course of instruction or bona fide veterans organizations shall associate themselves together as a military company or organize or parade in public with firearms: PROVIDED, That nothing herein shall be construed to prevent authorized parades by the organized militia of another state or armed forces of foreign countries. Any person participating in any such unauthorized organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
"No organized body" - fortunately, we're a rather disorganized bunch. In more seriousness, that seems on the face unconstitutional, wonder why SAF has never pursued it.

DEROS72

imported post

Organization was one of the issues addressed at the meeting.Should have been there.

Tawnos

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Organization was one of the issues addressed at the meeting.Should have been there.
Wish I could have :-\

I'd rather not get too much into it, I'd sound/read like this guy looks :cuss:

joeroket

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I hate to say it but, maybe it's time for the Seattle PD to come sack-up and come out with a formal statement saying that they will not enforce this illegal ordinance no matter what the mayor says.  Seems like that would be a pretty easy way to get out of the pickle they're in.  That would also be a strong statement of SPD's commitment to their oath of service and the 2nd Amendment. 

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, that's how I am sometimes.  If you have a problem with that, get over it.

I agree with you 100% but unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find any who will publicly go against the Mayor.

Batousaii

imported post

joeroket wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
I hate to say it but, maybe it's time for the Seattle PD to come sack-up and come out with a formal statement saying that they will not enforce this illegal ordinance no matter what the mayor says. Seems like that would be a pretty easy way to get out of the pickle they're in. That would also be a strong statement of SPD'scommitment to their oath of service and the 2nd Amendment.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, that's how I am sometimes. If you have a problem with that, get over it.

I agree with you 100% but unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find any who will publicly go against the Mayor.
Remember it's an election cycle, and certain people in the department get to be chosen by the new mayor... it's a hard political game.... So the police are probably stepping carefully (politically speaking) - they will do what keeps them their job.

jarhead1911A

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
From last nights meeting, someone asked about marching in a parade. Here is the RCW why we can't march armed.

RCW 38.40.120
Authorized military organizations.

No organized body other than the recognized militia organizations of this state, armed forces of the United States, students of educational institutions where military science is a prescribed part of the course of instruction or bona fide veterans organizations shall associate themselves together as a military company or organize or parade in public with firearms: PROVIDED, That nothing herein shall be construed to prevent authorized parades by the organized militia of another state or armed forces of foreign countries. Any person participating in any such unauthorized organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Wouldn't that be an abridgment of the 1st AND 2nd? Freedom of speech/assembly/protest, etc?

We can organize to protest, but not armed?

Why should the fact that we carry guns disallow our right to peaceably assemble?
Simple, the cops dont want someone who can rough them up they just want sheeple that they can nite stick and mace and kick around like a soccer ball

American Rattlesnake

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Simple, the cops dont want someone who can rough them up they just want sheeple that they can nite stick and mace and kick around like a soccer ball
Please document the "cops'" involvement in writing and/or passing RCW 38.40.120.

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
  1. Do you have a reliable source of information to support your statement? If so, what is that source?
  2. At what point in time will SAF implement their cunning plan?
  3. Has the SAF given you this information to publish?
Does this answer your question?

SAF, NRA sue Seattle Mayor over gun ban

Here it is, the long-promised and long-awaited legal action to stop Mayor Greg Nickels' gun ban in city parks

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d28-SAF-NRA-file-lawsuit-to-overturn-Seattle-parks-gun-ban

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ykgltve

http://www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=306http://www.opencarry.org/