• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning OC BBQ

B1911

imported post

July 24 and 25th ill be at bham starbucks around 1000Am open carring ill start from there and work my way around picking up trash ...I've had to clear things with my job so I wouldn't be on call those days and they took their time to respond to my request for off time ..

As for the bbq I'm hoping for the last day of july at oxford lake but again my job is keeping me from making that a solid date

B1911

Had a local trash pick up today down hwy 78 in Oxford with myself and two others all open carry went great cleaned a lot of the side of the road and at least 4 people stopped and asked about our weapons , no bad encounters only got grateful response from people

It wasn't until later in the evening when I needed cash from a ATM the scariest event occored of my life , I was the passanger in there car I swapped from my OC 1911 TO CC walther PK380 (just got a new X5L green laser/light and wanted to carry it) anyways the driver stopped short of the ATM and I got out to walk up to it, I took out my X amount of cash and I saw a young 15-20 year old black male in a speeded walk in my direction and the brass knuckles in place over a cloth gray glove, I hear in slang YO PUT MO-NEY UP PUT THA MO-NEY UP ILL KNOCK THA FU*K
PUT IT UP. he got stopped mid word with the green dot on his chest and and turned to run I'm looking around everywhere in case he wasn't alone driver is already reporting to police she was so scared we went to a safer location

So tonight even though I wasn't OC because the driver is uncomfortable with me doing it I CC for her I feel being armed saved us from being harmed and our lives and Monday she and I are going to pick out her first gun and holster OC BTW she is singing up for any and all gun safty classes including sitting in the class ill have to take for my job, if this story should have its own thread someone please move it to one I'm still a lil shaken and need to lay down and try to sleep, BEING ARMED SAVED OUR LIFE

jaiotu

@solidsnake45:

Good job. Hate that he got away... would have been nice to have had him kiss the asphalt and wait for the police. One less thug on the street. Glad you showed restraint and nobody had to die though.

B1911

Yeah, I don't know if I should say this but afterwards we were laying out in the backyard under there stars and she made a joking comment
"hey did you see his shirt?
Yeah it was black oversized and with a lot of pictures on it. .
No no where your thingy (laser) was pointed ..
No why?
Well he had a Obama shirt on! !!!

Ah crap really I didn't notice

cowboy67

@solidsnake45:

Good job. Hate that he got away... would have been nice to have had him kiss the asphalt and wait for the police. One less thug on the street. Glad you showed restraint and nobody had to die though.

Great job on educating the thug! Maybe he got the bejeezies scared out of him and now he has a real job!!

Don't they call a thugh getting away, catch and release? LOL

Dianosis

It'd be cool if there was any bank surveillance video or the atm cam footage you could get. Be a great ad for OC saving lives :)

B1911

Talked with bank today and video didn't show him so I didn't ask for a copy
.....catch and release ,funny

Last edited: