• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please stop shopping at Meijer

Bailenforcer

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
outstanding! will we be seeing you at the picnic today?
I live in the shadows of the Mackinac Bridge literally, so it would be a long drive and I don't think I will make it. I moved way up here to finally get away from the Detroit stink lol.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
DrTodd wrote:
My issue is with the manager. He seemed so upset and really blew it, as far as I am concerned. He was very afraid of me and was shaking during the whole encounter. But I think that the fear he had, at least in his mind, forced him to confront me in a more hostile manner than what was probably called for.
I wasn't there, didn't see it happen, and don't have a right to say a thing about it... but I'm gonna anyway. :)

I'm also well aware that a representative of a store can require anyone to leave at any time for almost any reason... but I want to offer a different perspective concerning how that manager handled the situation....

Perhaps the manager was NOT afraid of you at all. The hostility and physical manifestations mimicking fear could have been simple............... outrage..... that you dared to present an openly carried gun into his domain. And perhaps what appeared to be fear and hostility was nothing more than the adult version of the adolescent game "Mine is bigger than yours!"

I can never understand how an anti gun person can aggressively and angrily get right up into the face of someone with a gun right there in plain sight...:what: .... Makes no sense what so ever... unless looked at from the perspective of that tired old game of asserting a dominant position.

Ok... I'm done rambling.........
I agree... pure conjecture so I guess we'll never know:? And regarding the unarmed v. Armed confrontation... one of the many mysteries of OC ;)