• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

police departments running me for warrants every time i show up to film them

Status
Not open for further replies.

onus

The best part though is I wasn't even on scene when they ran a warrants check on me. They thought it was me but it wasn't.

sudden valley gunner

The best part though is I wasn't even on scene when they ran a warrants check on me. They thought it was me but it wasn't.

I don't doubt that at all. I received a phone call from one Officer Allen Bass his first words to me was my gun brought me to his attention so he ran my plates and......

When I requested the files, he told 911 it was for a suspected hit and run...I checked the dates and reports for that week.....no hit and runs.

countryclubjoe

If in fact you had a warrant out on you, the poor slob that the leo's though was you, would have been going for a ride, NOW THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING VIDEO! lol

CCJ

onus

The question is designed to antagonize. He should do exactly what he is doing: ignoring it. Good on him.

maybe the truth is he never ran a warrants check on her because he had no reason to believe she had warrants.

maybe he never ran a warrants check on her because he didn't want the results to come back as affirmative for warrants.

Fallschirjmäger

I have been putting together a video to expose the police departments in the area I film. For the last few months they run me for warrants everytime I show up on scene and film.
The best part is on at least 2 occasions they ran me for warrants when I wasn't even there.
How can you complain about this? Dude... you are in their heads! Seriously, most people would have to pay money for the attention you're getting for free!
Sure, on a certain level it could be annoying in some way, but just think; someone thinks of you so much that they're going out of their way to take an action they wouldn't otherwise be doing. It's like someone being so paranoid that they check their mirrors for blue lights even when they are going 5mph under the speed limit, but in this case it's the cops doing the checking, not you.

Revel in this. Sit back, enjoy an adult beverage and just revel in the knowledge that you are always on their minds, even when you're nowhere near.​

My proudest moment on another forum was when someone claiming to be a local deputy said (paraphrasing), "We know who he is, we have his description and his tag number. We don't even respond to the calls about him anymore." Since that was my purpose all along, I couldn't have been happier.

countryclubjoe

He didn't provide me info with the guy in Washington pushing for a bill to limit "random" license plate checks either. I'd be interested in that.

If everyone removed their state issued ID (Plates) from their mode of travel then these random warrant checks would be few and far between and many, many tyrants would need to get a real job.

Best regards

CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Getting back to license plates for a moment.

When a person purchases and is assigned a license plate, they are unknowingly entering into a contract with the state, hence giving all your personal information to the state and availing yourself to all law enforcement inquiries while your traveling with the issued plates.

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

onus

How can you complain about this? Dude... you are in their heads! Seriously, most people would have to pay money for the attention you're getting for free!
Sure, on a certain level it could be annoying in some way, but just think; someone thinks of you so much that they're going out of their way to take an action they wouldn't otherwise be doing. It's like someone being so paranoid that they check their mirrors for blue lights even when they are going 5mph under the speed limit, but in this case it's the cops doing the checking, not you.

Revel in this. Sit back, enjoy an adult beverage and just revel in the knowledge that you are always on their minds, even when you're nowhere near.​

My proudest moment on another forum was when someone claiming to be a local deputy said (paraphrasing), "We know who he is, we have his description and his tag number. We don't even respond to the calls about him anymore." Since that was my purpose all along, I couldn't have been happier.

I would like an America where police go after serious criminals who harm people.

I would like an America where police do NOT target innocent citizens for engaging in constitutional rights.

OC for ME

How exactly does a cop check to see if a warrant has been issued on a citizen. It seems to me that a name and DoB is required. So, how does a cop obtain those two pieces of information.

If I am watching or filming a cop he can not run me for warrants because I have not provided my name or DoB. If he asks me for my name and DoB I will refuse. Of course, I could be arrested and then searched, incident to arrest, and he will obtain my name and DoB. Then, obviously, I will have this on record via a audio recording, and seek a redress of wrongs.

Cops can run LPs and then hope the drive of the vehicle is the perp. If the driver is not the perp the cop retains the RAS to hassle a LAC because the registered owner of the car has a warrant issued for his arrest.

If the cops do not have the OPs name or DoB, I think he said that, then his contention is false (the thread title). If they do have his name and DoB they could run him for warrants whether or not he is filming or whether or not he is even in the vicinity of 'X'. The legality of running him for warrants every day is a different matter and we would likely never know, nor would the OP, that he was run for warrants.

I contend that the OP is making a mountain out of a mole hill for his own self aggrandizing purposes.

eye95

How exactly does a cop check to see if a warrant has been issued on a citizen[?] It seems to me that a name and DoB is required. So, how does a cop obtain those two pieces of information[?]...

Therein lies the problem. The violation of privacy occurred (possibly) when the information was first obtained. Did the cops obtain the information unlawfully.

As far as running for warrants, that is only a problem if they are doing so to harass a person and if the person actually is harassed as a result.

The only real complaint the OP could file, as far as I can tell, is that the cops are wasting tax (our) dollars on a fool's errand.

[On the question marks: I do that all the time too. Why is it so hard for me (and at least one other poster) to remember to hit the "?" key at the end of a question?]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.