• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police dept. trainning memo's on Open Carry.

Deleted_User

There wanting to feel safe over my rights is were I draw the line. If you can't be an LEO with an armed public don't be an LEO.

Very valid point SVG, very valid.

OT: I was always asked when I joined the Army why I did it. I wonder if they have to ask why they want to be an LEO. I'd love to see some of these answers

Last edited:

amlevin

I wonder if they have to ask why they want to be an LEO. I'd love to see some of these answers

The majority do so for the same reasons that one takes any other job. A career that provides Salary, Benefits, and Retirement. Some will also do so out of a desire to be involved in their community.

Then there are those that want to be LEO's because the job provides "A gun, A fast Car, and the instructions "Go Look For Trouble". This is the group that seems to also provide the greatest amount of problems for the public. Thankfully they appear to be the minority. Unfortunately, they are the ones that get the most "press".