• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portage OC Picnic

jmlefler

imported post

Stayed off the forum 'cause I didn't think I could make it. Now it looks like I can, at least for a little bit.

The park is only 2 miles from my house, if we need anything I can run home and grab whatever.

Sorry for the late post - I don't really know what to bring...

I'll check the forum right before I leave...

Carry on.

EM87

imported post

Good news and bad news... It's not going to rain at all, but it's going to be HOT, like 93 degrees and humid, hot. Should still be a good time though!

hopnpop

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Good news and bad news... It's not going to rain at all, but it's going to be HOT, like 93 degrees and humid, hot. Should still be a good time though!

Yeah, heat index is s'posed to be 105-ish. Gonna be a scorcher. We'll see how long the ice lasts!

Good thing I wasn't down for the charcoal grill - dad came and picked his truck up this morning! That woulda been sheety.

bigdaddyj

imported post

I had a great time talking to those at the picnic today. Glad I finally got to get a trifold to carry with me as my computer is stupid and doesnt have the word program. I would love to attend another outing as long as I can afford to go and if it isn't too far.

Yooper

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
EM87 wrote:

Yeah, heat index is s'posed to be 105-ish. Gonna be a scorcher. We'll see how long the ice lasts!

Good thing I wasn't down for the charcoal grill - dad came and picked his truck up this morning! That woulda been sheety.
Send some of that heat up here would ya?

autosurgeon

imported post

p1010005.jpg

p1010006.jpg

p1010007.jpg

p1010008.jpg

p1010009.jpg

p1010011.jpg

autosurgeon

imported post

I was the last to leave and a park ranger stopped and asked how everything went. He also asked if anyone bothered us. I said no and he smiled and said good well you guys picked a good day for it as long as the heat isn't a problem and drove away!

EM87

imported post

Thanks to those who came, it was a good time! We had overall about 25 people I think. Good turnout. See you all next time!

Finz

imported post

Very good time! Hot, yes, but that breeze was wonderful. Nice to meet all of you! I would like to plan another OC Picnic at Maple Isle in Paw Paw tentatively Sunday, Oct. 11 (when its a little cooler). What ordinances and things do I need to check? I will be posting more closer to time, but wanted everyone to kind of keep that date open :).

Again, nice time!!

Ann

Oh, and nice pics !

drew68

imported post

Stopped by with the wife just to say hi to the guys at the picnic. Wish we could have stayed longer but it just wasn't possible today. Was nice to meet autosurgeon and cabman, didn't really have time to talk to the others. Glad to hear it went ok, hopefully we can make it to the next one.

cabman1

imported post

I enjoyed it alot damn heat was a bummer but all was good except the banner wouldnt stay up.

next time i ride the bike maybe a michigan open carry bikers club?

bobn911

imported post

Thanks to EM87 for putting this together. It was good to see some 'old faces' and put some names to some new ones. 'Till the next one, be safe. Later, Bob

hopnpop

imported post

Pretty much what everyone else said...hot but enjoyable. Again, thanks to EM87 for putting it on, good job.I believe we met @ the Bronson Park pic but it's hard to remember faces-to-screen names - same for autosurgeon. I was guessing that autosurgeon would have probably just made it home before I started hearing the tornado sirens in 2Paws. Never heard anything on radio or scanner, just the sirens. Dunno. Anyway, thanks to all for showing & having a good time.

rj3663

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I enjoyed it alot damn heat was a bummer but all was good except the banner wouldnt stay up.

next time i ride the bike maybe a michigan open carry bikers club?
We are a club that supports both our twelve commandmnts and our constitutional rights. We meet in Fowlerville every other saturday and will be hosting the "Hog Wash" right up from the Easy Rider Rodeo on the 21st 22nd and 23rd of this month. We are called In God We Trust and we are working some of these picnics into our run chart. If there are any other events let us know.

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Yeah the Siren in Lawrence went off just as I was unlocking the door at my house.... however it was just the watch siren two longs and a short burst!
Pretty good timing, regardless. Was thinking I bet you were glad not to have ridden your bike! Stopped @ Culver's on 9th st after left picnic, then home, then immediately had to run back into 2paws. Got into town and sirens began going off. Was headed back home and couldn't see a damn thing!! Crazy torrents of rain and some big gusts but that was about the extent of it, outside of some great lightning. Also stepped out late last night for a smoke and had to go back in for camera - awesome light show in the sky last night. Nearly continuous lightning illuminating some great clouds.

Pinkgunsrule

imported post

I agree thought it was a great time. Enjoyed meeting folks and talking. But, of course I like to talk. Anyway, this was my first, and it will not be my last. Ann, call me please, I have an idea I want to go over with you. And, to everyone that came out Sunday, It rocked and I hope to see all of you again and more....Starr

Pinkgunsrule

imported post

Since this was my first, I wasent real sure what to expect. I was very pleased, I thought at first that we would scare the others in the park, but we didnt and it all went so well.. So glad. And I think its nice that the park ranger asked how it went. Obvious local support.. Nice...