• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portland gun buy back sat may 11

Lord Sega

Ok We-the-People, I think I know you now, from your description of the 2 junk revolvers and handing out the pamphlets.

Me: black SUV, multicolored sign on the vehicle, OC Beretta 92FS:
Me2a.jpg
We talked briefly a few times, good to meet ya.

Yep, 485 total, including 4 "assault" rifles. If they were in good shape, I would have liked to snag one of them on the cheap, oh well.
Five hours, sunburn, and didn't find anything I was interested in making an offer for, but it was still fun and interesting.

Oregon Live article

Not sure why you get a warning from the other link, it's Strimedia.com, but play it safe, I covered the main points the author made in the article.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Ok We-the-People, I think I know you now, from your description of the 2 junk revolvers and handing out the pamphlets.

Me: black SUV, multicolored sign on the vehicle, OC Beretta 92FS:
View attachment 10403
We talked briefly a few times, good to meet ya.

Yep, 485 total, including 4 "assault" rifles. If they were in good shape, I would have liked to snag one of them on the cheap, oh well.
Five hours, sunburn, and didn't find anything I was interested in making an offer for, but it was still fun and interesting.

Oregon Live article

Not sure why you get a warning from the other link, it's Strimedia.com, but play it safe, I covered the main points the author made in the article.

Yes, we talked a couple of times. Sorry to hear that you didn't find anything you liked and had the opportunity to snatch up. I did see one "assault rifle" go to a private party (if an SKS is an assault rifle).

I'll be posting video on my youtube channel when I get it edited. First of the buyback, later of the weapons and firing them.

We-the-People