• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portsmouth Police Officer Shot During Confrontation

Flintlock

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
Not sure how the argument of lack of shotgun penetration on metal objects got started but I never made that argument. I have indeedmade the argument that #4 shot would be devastating to a human target at close range.........

You know I don't know how we got off on to that either. To me it is not a matter of whether #4 shot will be devastating or not at close range, but more of a good, better or best concept.

I love http://www.theboxotruth.com/and spend a lot of time on their forum too.

The statement "bird shot is for little birds, is one of O_P's (Old Painless the owner of the site) famous one liners. He also states, with that statement, that he does not mean to say that bird shot cannot be devastating and could be called good, and then say #1 Buck may be better, with 00 Buck being best.

I too keep 00 buck in my home defense shotgun.

The truth is I don't want to be shot with any of them at any distance as they all could kill you.

I bet this shotgun wouldn't have any issues with penetration, whether through metal or not...

http://fieldandstream.blogs.com/gunnut/2008/03/the-worlds-larg.html