• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC : I know, it'll fill up quick..

thx997303

imported post

Dont feed the troll, this poster is new, and has posted only attempts at starting a fight.

If you dont feed it, it will go away.

fedup

imported post

Count wrote:
Hey... I tried to get noticed but since I had a gun everyone trusted I am a good guy and ignored me....

here is a good example guys. see, you can carry a gun and not be an asshat and not run into multiple problems that you blame on everyone else.

What is it exactly that Count does or does not do that is so different?

LovesHisXD45

imported post

I carried at the park while playing with my son today and met a new neighbor. There is a Peeping Tom in our neighborhood, so the neighbor was actually quite happy that somebody is carrying. She says more people need to do it so that the criminal element will realize that they may end up shot if they continue sneaking around in the dark. I like this neighbor already. :)

Kevin

b1ack5mith

imported post

exactly! and what are you doin up so late! only IM allowed to! im a vampiah! well, anon-blood-drinking vampire who loves the sun and all things holy lol

LovesHisXD45

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
exactly! and what are you doin up so late! only IM allowed to! im a vampiah! well, anon-blood-drinking vampire who loves the sun and all things holy lol
:) hehe Let's just say that sleeping alone in a cold bed with nobody after being married for 12 years is a real beoch. My divorce was final Feb 2nd.

fedup

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Dont feed the troll, this poster is new, and has posted only attempts at starting a fight.

If you dont feed it, it will go away.

HOGAN if I was trying to start a fight you would not have any doubt dude. why do you gotta dis me like that?

thx997303

imported post

Holy crap!

I apologize, after reading many of your posts, I had intended to retract that particular post, but i've been busy.

OfficerMatt

imported post

Well, went to the meet which was awesome but had to leave early... It was good to meet all you out there and i will be more talkative next time.

As far as positive OC, lately i have gone to Walmart on 13th south and the 3 smiths stores in my area, whole foods, blockbuster and a buncha other places here in downtown salt lake and all have been just fine (which is nice).

I even OC'd to the airport when i picked up my buddy, granted i did NOT get out of my truck... lol but it still counts right?

b1ack5mith

imported post

sgt. jensen and i carried into an airport openly... we decided to NOT wear towels on our heads and yell "ALLAH AHBAR" though... however it was very tempting...

OfficerMatt

imported post

LOL thats great. Yeah im glad that some people like the great SGT have a good sense of humor in here, im excited to go to the next meet and actually hang around this time! In the meantime my goal is to make it to the gun shop and get this baby modified to my standards :D Be safe everybody!

Matai

imported post

This was a month or two back, but I've been delinquent in visiting the forums every day like I used to.

The wife was not feeling up to cooking one night and we had some shopping to do at the South Towne mall anyway, so we decided to eat something unhealthy and probably toxic at the food court. Before we left I switched out my IWB holster I have to wear at work (no OC there), for my nifty Blackhawk Serpa so everyone could bask in the radiance of my beautiful XD(m).

I was surprised at how FEW people noticed it, to be honest. But there were a couple of 20-ish girls at the next table who were giving me the eye. Rather, giving my weapon the eye (no double entendres!). They giggled at each other but didn't say anything to me. I guess a big guy with a shiny gun on his hip holding hands with his 4- and 6-year-old daughters might have looked a little less than threatening.

However, as we were leaving, a young guy called out to me and bounded down the steps to talk to me for a second. He wanted to shake my hand and thanked me heartily for OC'ing. He had a permit, too, he said, and wished more people had the courage to carry openly. It really made me feel kind of good. It made the wife just roll her eyes. :quirky

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It sounds like you were carrying a Bi-Tone XDm. (Pictures?)

If I saw you carrying that, I too would stare at you like a school girl. That is a pretty gun!

I wish I had a green Bi-Tone XDm 9MM. :cry: You guys wanna buy me one? :D

BowNArrow

imported post

OC'd at Smith's on Highland Highway in Highland, no issues.
OC'd at Kohlers' grocery in Highland, no issues
OC's at WALMART in Highland, no issues.

Kloutier

imported post

Kevin Jensen wrote:
It sounds like you were carrying a Bi-Tone XDm. (Pictures?)

If I saw you carrying that, I too would stare at you like a school girl. That is a pretty gun!

I wish I had a green Bi-Tone XDm 9MM. :cry: You guys wanna buy me one? :D

Any XDM is FTW. I love my all black.