• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Predict the Superbowl winner !

Who wins ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Truth

Deflateriots over the Seahags 28-24. Can't wait for the game to come on this Sunday...lots of fat filled munchies and adult beverages will be consumed...taking the next day off to recover. I hear Janet Jackson is doing the Halftime show.

I think you may be confused...

Jeff. State

Banned
Good article on not just "reality tv" but American entertainment in general

How Reality TV Is Teaching Us to Accept the American Police State

By John W. Whitehead
The Rutherford Institute
February 4, 2015

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/02/john-w-whitehead/teaching-us-to-accept-the-police-state/

“Plays, farces, spectacles, gladiators, strange beasts, medals, pictures, and other such opiates, these were for ancient peoples the bait toward slavery, the price of their liberty, the instruments of tyranny. By these practices and enticements the ancient dictators so successfully lulled their subjects under the yoke, that the stupefied peoples, fascinated by the pastimes and vain pleasures flashed before their eyes, learned subservience as naively, but not so creditably, as little children learn to read by looking at bright picture books.”
—Etienne de La Boétie, “The Discourse on Voluntary Servitude: How Do Tyrants Secure Cooperation?” (1548)

Americans love their reality TV shows—the drama, the insults, the bullying, the callousness, the damaged relationships delivered through the lens of a surveillance camera—and there’s no shortage of such dehumanizing spectacles to be found on or off screen, whether it’s Cops, Real Housewives or the heavy-handed tactics of police officers who break down doors first and ask questions later.

Where things get tricky is when we start to lose our grasp on what is real vs. unreal and what is an entertainment spectacle that distracts us vs. a real-life drama that impacts us.

For example, do we tune into Bruce Jenner’s gender transformation as it unfolds on reality TV, follow the sniping over Navy sharpshooter Chris Kyle’s approach to war and killing, or chart the progress of the Keystone oil pipeline as it makes it work through Congress? Do we debate the merits of Katy Perry’s Superbowl XLIX halftime performance, or speculate on which politicians will face off in the 2016 presidential election?

Here’s a hint: it’s all spectacle.

entire article at link

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Lmao thank you gutshot for that through explanation. Be careful with being that spot on. Only thing you left out was the New World Order was behind it. [emoji39]
That goes without saying.

Billions of dollars spent on entertainment. A distraction from the day to day dealings with a tyrannical regime.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was at my Capitol today (man did the admin agency I visited puck up lol; it will be fun to point out how they are morons) ... but they had their illegal checkpoints up.

I put out my hand and just kept it out there ... security guy says "what's this for?" I said "where's the warrant?". They l-o-v-e me. Then I handed out flyers to folks that gave them information about how the checkpoints are illegal.

Seems as if people responded better when I asked them if they like children being felt up. I wanted to take a pic of them searching a kid to update the flyer .. real nice feeling up kids, makes them feel safer...but no kids to be found today.

people understood that the checkpoints are illegal after a minute explaining why - its easy to understand. Black people seemed to be eager to learn about the status of the checkpoints but it may just be the sampling I had today.

Primus

I was at my Capitol today (man did the admin agency I visited puck up lol; it will be fun to point out how they are morons) ... but they had their illegal checkpoints up.

I put out my hand and just kept it out there ... security guy says "what's this for?" I said "where's the warrant?". They l-o-v-e me. Then I handed out flyers to folks that gave them information about how the checkpoints are illegal.

Seems as if people responded better when I asked them if they like children being felt up. I wanted to take a pic of them searching a kid to update the flyer .. real nice feeling up kids, makes them feel safer...but no kids to be found today.

people understood that the checkpoints are illegal after a minute explaining why - its easy to understand. Black people seemed to be eager to learn about the status of the checkpoints but it may just be the sampling I had today.
So you never made it past the checkpoints? Weak sauce....