• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

President Gary Johnson: Nationwide constitutional carry?

sharkey

George Carlin is OK but not SouthPark discussing choosing between lesser evils in a 2 party system?

Moderator comment - Point made.

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

There exists an important difference between 'redress" and "complain."

To "complain" about a state of affairs or event is but to express dissatisfaction or annoyance with it. There is no action shown to correct that condition.

"Redress" OTOH defines an action, a response, to correct an undesirable or unfair situation i.e. the power to redress the grievances of the people. It is the remedy or compensation for a wrong or grievance.

Some will only complain while others seek redress. One is but a verbal slap while the other seeks satisfaction.
Well, if a majority of folks start complaining about the same thing then the political vermin "get the message" and all those complainers effect change simply by complaining. Seeking a redressing of wrongs seems far more expensive and usually requires a lawyer.....even then the goobermint must agree to be a party to your redressing of wrongs.

There is nothing about complaining that anyone should complain about even if it is to make a destinction between complaining or redressing when a distinction was not required......I, and I suppose many others, knew exactly what was being referred to.

Not complaining mind you, just making a distinction that's all.

:p

WOD

I'm NOT going to vote for Obama. I'm NOT going to vote for Romney. They ARE the GREATER of the EVILS. I'm voting for Johnson for President, and worrying more about my State races, for Federal and State Senates and Houses, because I know one thing, the President doesn't have the sway that Congress does, and the President doesn't lead this country.. that hasn't happened for quite some time. This race really needs to be won in the House and Senate for any real changes to be made. Obamney are the same EVIL, I can't vote for them in good conscience.

TFred

I'm NOT going to vote for Obama. I'm NOT going to vote for Romney. They ARE the GREATER of the EVILS. I'm voting for Johnson for President, and worrying more about my State races, for Federal and State Senates and Houses, because I know one thing, the President doesn't have the sway that Congress does, and the President doesn't lead this country.. that hasn't happened for quite some time. This race really needs to be won in the House and Senate for any real changes to be made. Obamney are the same EVIL, I can't vote for them in good conscience.
Are you kidding me? Do you even live in the same country as the rest of us? Do you not ever read the news?

Do a Google search on [obama usurps ignores congress] and read just a few of the hundreds of hits! Congress has been powerless for years, they haven't even passed a budget since the last administration! What good is having a Congress on your side if Obama will ignore and flaunt them to enact his radical agenda anyway?

TFred

OC for ME

Obama has not got a lot of choice if Congress does not send any bills to his desk for either a signature to enact into law or to veto. Harry Reid has held up any meaningful reforms since 2010. So, getting rid of nitwit senators and reps is the key to getting things accomplished.

A president is really only the dude who hopes that he gets his agenda enacted. Purse belongs to HoR, and foreign treaties and stuff are that "advise and consent" stuff in the senate. War, both I believe.

Congress, then state legislatures are the key to getting anything done.

Riverdance

wasted vote

Even though all the Obama supporters tell me a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote and is really the same as a vote for Romney, I'm still not voting for Obama

Thundar

And you (the collective you, not just you personally) call ME blind?

Obama has IGNORED the Constitution at every turn, using a number of different methods.

Whether it's his "health care" plan or executive order or illegal ATF policies, the Second Amendment will NOT get in his way.

Obama is the first Dictator of the United States. I'm not even sure he will move out of the White House if he loses the election.

We do NOT have the luxury to play these stupid games.

And in response to another post, if Jesus were here today, first, he would not be running, and second, no I would not vote for him if he were a third party candidate. How many times do we have to make the point that it's NOT the quality of the candidate that matters AT ALL. It's the better of the two candidates that have a CHANCE to WIN.

It is this very reason that no third party will ever take hold. You don't know how to get anything DONE!

And yes, that means your vote is a waste. You will have NOTHING to show for it on November 7th. You will have to go digging through some web page, or watch the scrolling text at the bottom of the TV screen to even find out how many votes your candidate received, nobody will even be talking about it.

TFred

TFred,

1) I agree that Obama has acted outside the constitution, like Bush before him and Clinton before him. What have either Democrats or Republicans done about it? Nothing.

2) The 2A would not get in anybodies way. It is just a piece of paper. The 2A gives us the RKBA so that we might defend our liberties from our government when it becomes tyrannical. Only Patriots get in the way of tyranny. The 2A assures us that we have the means to get in the way.

3) You are right about stupid games. The Republic is in peril and we are playing the Obamney/Robama lesser of two evils game. No games for me I will not vote for evil.

4) The only way to convince me to vote for a Democrat or Republican for President is to run a candidate that is not the lesser of two evils, but instead a constitutionalist.

TFred

TFred,

1) I agree that Obama has acted outside the constitution, like Bush before him and Clinton before him. What have either Democrats or Republicans done about it? Nothing.

2) The 2A would not get in anybodies way. It is just a piece of paper. The 2A gives us the RKBA so that we might defend our liberties from our government when it becomes tyrannical. Only Patriots get in the way of tyranny. The 2A assures us that we have the means to get in the way.

3) You are right about stupid games. The Republic is in peril and we are playing the Obamney/Robama lesser of two evils game. No games for me I will not vote for evil.

4) The only way to convince me to vote for a Democrat or Republican for President is to run a candidate that is not the lesser of two evils, but instead a constitutionalist.
You (collectively again) third party supporters really are suckers. It is incredibly disappointing that the whole lot of you would be so gullible.

1. To imply there is ANY semblance of equally bad behavior between Obama and any prior president is grossly insulting, and reveals no understanding of US History. No president has put the foundation and defining character of this country at such risk and on purpose as Obama. Part of the problem with the current administration is that they are defying the law. Half the players are afraid to cross their leader, and the other half don't know how to stop someone who is not playing by the rules without bloodshed. THAT is why we need to make SURE Obama is not reelected.

2. Again, no prior president has routinely ignored and purposely circumvented the US Constitution as much as Obama. There is NO credible reason to assert that a Romney administration would do anything of the sort.

3. Newsflash: Gary Johnson is human. Humans are fallen. Humans are evil. All of them are. Unless you want to tell me you have created the divine power to know his heart, and then I'll call you insane, because no human being can absolutely discern the motives of anothers' heart.

4. Congratulations, you have just declared you cannot ever vote in another election again, unless you are admitting you hold third party candidates to a lower standard.

Haven't you figured this out? The only reason [insert third party candidate here] can run on a platform that you will accept is because said candidate knows they have no chance to win! It's a non-starter. If they change their platform to gain enough support to win, you will abandon them. The entire premise of your political system is doomed to fail. And it will always be doomed to fail, UNTIL you change the PEOPLE who are doing the voting, and THAT happens at the grassroots level of the parties that are in power.

TFred

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
There's no gullibility involved. Stop insulting us. There is no pretense that a third party candidate is anywhere near perfect, or even great.

There is the MESSAGE that there are enough of us out here that are sick of being forced to choose between two unconstitutional liberals. When (and ONLY when) that message actually affects their two-party system will the message be taken note of.

It is the only chance of telling the Republican party to stop running liberals. They deserve to lose.

BTW, here's one example on your point #2: "Executive Privilege" was invented by a Republican (Nixon), resurrected by a Democrat (Clinton), but stupendously exploited by a Republican (Bush II). Obama was then lambasted by Republicans for his usage, of course.

Last edited:

Thundar

You (collectively again) third party supporters really are suckers. It is incredibly disappointing that the whole lot of you would be so gullible.

1. To imply there is ANY semblance of equally bad behavior between Obama and any prior president is grossly insulting, and reveals no understanding of US History. No president has put the foundation and defining character of this country at such risk and on purpose as Obama. Part of the problem with the current administration is that they are defying the law. Half the players are afraid to cross their leader, and the other half don't know how to stop someone who is not playing by the rules without bloodshed. THAT is why we need to make SURE Obama is not reelected.

2. Again, no prior president has routinely ignored and purposely circumvented the US Constitution as much as Obama. There is NO credible reason to assert that a Romney administration would do anything of the sort.

3. Newsflash: Gary Johnson is human. Humans are fallen. Humans are evil. All of them are. Unless you want to tell me you have created the divine power to know his heart, and then I'll call you insane, because no human being can absolutely discern the motives of anothers' heart.

4. Congratulations, you have just declared you cannot ever vote in another election again, unless you are admitting you hold third party candidates to a lower standard.

Haven't you figured this out? The only reason [insert third party candidate here] can run on a platform that you will accept is because said candidate knows they have no chance to win! It's a non-starter. If they change their platform to gain enough support to win, you will abandon them. The entire premise of your political system is doomed to fail. And it will always be doomed to fail, UNTIL you change the PEOPLE who are doing the voting, and THAT happens at the grassroots level of the parties that are in power.

TFred

You (collectively again) Robama supporters really are suckers. It is incredibly disappointing that the whole lot of you would be so gullible.

1. Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson and FD Roosevelt all had horrific bad behavior.

2. Lincoln went much farther over the constitutional line than Obama has.

3. We have different definitions of evil. My definition of evil in the federal govt.: Swear to uphold the constitution, then tear it down. Your definition: only the devine are not evil.

4. I can and will vote, as it is my constitutional right to vote for my senators and congressman. Virginia has given me the right to vote for President and that I will also do (while open carrying, no less).

Haven't you figured this out? The only reason Republicans can run on a platform that you will accept is because said candidate knows you will always vote for the lesser of the Democrat/Republican evils. It's a non-starter. If they change their platform to gain enough support to win, the constitution loses. The entire premise of your political system is doomed to fail. And it will always be doomed to fail, UNTIL you change the PEOPLE who are doing the voting, and THAT happens at the grassroots level with a constitutionally sound party.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
BeatDeadHorse.gif

Didn't you bozos get enough on the almost identical Virgil Goode thread!?!?!?!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...And it will always be doomed to fail, UNTIL you change the PEOPLE who are doing the voting, and THAT happens at the grassroots level of the parties that are in power.

How did that grassroots activism work for the Ron Paul supporters who followed all the rules throughout the entire primary campaign, including the convention?

TFred

There's no gullibility involved. Stop insulting us. There is no pretense that a third party candidate is anywhere near perfect, or even great.

There is the MESSAGE that there are enough of us out here that are sick of being forced to choose between two unconstitutional liberals. When (and ONLY when) that message actually affects their two-party system will the message be taken note of.

It is the only chance of telling the Republican party to stop running liberals. They deserve to lose.

BTW, here's one example on your point #2: "Executive Privilege" was invented by a Republican (Nixon), resurrected by a Democrat (Clinton), but stupendously exploited by a Republican (Bush II). Obama was then lambasted by Republicans for his usage, of course.
It is you (collectively again) who insult US with the ridiculous notion that your methods have any chance whatsoever of influencing American politics.

I stand by my assertion, no prior president has ever usurped the US Constitution with the clear goal of destroying the foundational tenants of the nation as much as Obama. Others have dabbled, Obama lives it every day.

You (collectively again) Robama supporters really are suckers. It is incredibly disappointing that the whole lot of you would be so gullible.

Seriously? You flatter me sir, if indeed imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Try the content now, not just the form.

How did that grassroots activism work for the Ron Paul supporters who followed all the rules throughout the entire primary campaign, including the convention?
Nobody said it would be easy, or that they would welcome the change. I just said that was the only way to actually get it done.

TFred

TFred

BeatDeadHorse.gif

Didn't you bozos get enough on the almost identical Virgil Goode thread!?!?!?!
Believe me, I am WAY done with this. But like mushrooms on a rainy day, they keep coming back.

I cannot sit by and let their fallacious reasoning poison the mind of even one more reader who might happen by, nor can I risk conceding that one more vote that could be used to defeat Obama to be wasted in a futile attempt at haughtiness upon leaving the voting booth.

TFred

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It is you (collectively again) who insult US with the ridiculous notion ...

Let me get this straight.

You call me a sucker and gullible.

Then say you are insulted by my notion of how things should be.

You are seriously saying these are the same thing?

Last edited:

TFred

Let me get this straight.

You call me a sucker and gullible.

Then say you are insulted by my notion of how things should be.

You are seriously saying these are the same thing?
Classic liberal thinking. They see the world in terms of how it could be. That is why their ideas are useless and never work. They do not acknowledge the world as it is.

It's textbook.

TFred