• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

President of Akron city council carries a loaded gun into Akron/Canton airport

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Gun Charges Against Teacher Dropped
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=7497754&nav=4QcS
Rutland, Vermont - December 14, 2007

Federal weapons charges have been dropped against a school teacher caught with a loaded gun at the Rutland State Airport. Sheldon Hochman, 62, was stopped last year as he tried to board a plane with a loaded 9 millimeter handgun in his carry on bag. He was going to Alaska for his honeymoon. Hochman told investigators he had no plans to hijack the plane or harm anybody, but just forgot he packed the gun.

After two hours of deliberation a jury acquitted him on the gun charges.

If the incident with the Akron city councilman would have gone to trial, I wonder if the verdict would have been similar to this one.