• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

President Speaks out Against Guns

twoskinsonemanns

"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," Obama said."

This type of statement makes my blood boil. Such an OBVIOUS ploy to use fear/associations of evil to make a gun control point. The "AK" word. OMG. Think of the children.

You could replace AK-47 with anything that could be used toward violence. And soldier and criminals are the only options...
This is the way we are heading.

Beretta92FSLady

Thats interesting. I was in the infantry for 7 years and have been to Iraq and Afghanistan multiple times have not once used or have ever heard of anyone that uses an AK47 as a "backup". I guess I should make sure supply gets on that right away. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anecdotal.

since9

Campaign Veteran
They would just say that anyone who wants an AK47 is crazy...and therefore not eligible to purchase any gun...

That's only half a step behind declaring meglomaniacal and therefore ineligible to possess a firearm anyone who wants to provide for their own security instead of allowing the state to do so for them like good little boys and girls.