• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed WA Semi-Auto Ban Blames Law-Abiding Gun Owners, Says CCRKBA

Aryk45XD

imported post

Magister wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
from what i understand, Clemins used a REVOLVER ! -- how the heck does that equate to assault rifles ?
But... but... it was a high capacity assault revolver filled with cop-killing, anti-baby flesh-eating hollow point bullets of death and destruction! BAN IT! BAN IT!
You for got nuclear cored that never miss! :celebrate

Nebulis01

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
Magister wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
from what i understand, Clemins used a REVOLVER ! -- how the heck does that equate to assault rifles ?
But... but... it was a high capacity assault revolver filled with cop-killing, anti-baby flesh-eating hollow point bullets of death and destruction! BAN IT! BAN IT!

Also, don't forget that micro-stamping the casing would have totally helped catch him faster, since you know, revolvers eject spent cartridges and such :quirky

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
Magister wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
Also, don't forget that micro-stamping the casing would have totally helped catch him faster, since you know, revolvers eject spent cartridges and such :quirky
Serial numbered projectiles solves that problem when you have registered ammunition sales. :uhoh:

Think GPS devices in each fired round and it would only cost "pennies" per shot. :p

Yata hey

Metalhead47

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
Here is what I wrote all three of them with names in the appropriate places.

Dear Senator Kline,

It has come to my attention that you, along with Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles and Sen. Ross Hunter are prepared to introduce a bill to prohibit the sale and possibly the ownership of "assault" rifles and other semi-auto rifles based on two recent killings, one involving the death of a Seattle Police officer. While crime is always a bad thing, responding by making more things illegal is a senseless and useless act. You know as well as everyone else that the two individuals mentioned as reason for this proposal were shot with HANDGUNS, not rifles. Your proposal violates U.S. and Washington State Constitutions and does nothing to curb crime. The perpetrators in both crimes were already prohibited from owning or possessing firearms, yet these laws did not stop the crime. All you will do is make a huge majority of the citizens in Washington criminals.

You should be ashamed of your behavior and beg the forgiveness of the people of Washington for not acting in the interests of the people you were elected to represent. Your actions are those of Communist despots for you are attempting to strip away our freedoms and rights, a little bit at a time. As the great Benjamin Franklin once said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Remember, you work for the people, not rule over them. I urge you to reconsider the path you are taking and help keep Washington a free and noble state.

Sincerely,
----
Celtic Armory

Wait a sec... I dunno about that Aaron fellow but officer Brenton was, in fact, shot with a .223 rifle, although from the pic I saw it doesn't fit the bill of an "assault weapon."

amzbrady