• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchasing a handgun via private sale...Kicked out of Gunshow!

Neplusultra

1) Private venue, their rules apply

2) Not discriminatory unless your are 40 or more years old and involves employment.
http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/age.html

I thought the law was even if it's a private venue since they are renting public property they have to abide by public laws, ie they cannot forbid a right to carry. Which makes me wonder about the ziptie deal if true. Wasn't there a big deal made about this at the Richmond coleseum last year at some convention of some sort?

t33j

ainfantry7

I didn't get a refund of any kind, no transaction was made that day because of the incident. I am also not looking to get any kind of compensation from Showmasters. They are good people who were willing to work with me.

I was informed that the security company that was contracted will no longer be used. Another incident happened that night with them when one of them violated conduct by looking under a tablecloth under someone's table. One of the vendors rigged up a game camera and caught the security peeping under the tablecloths and messing with merchandise...

VCDL really backed me up on this one!!! Huge thumbs up for them...By the time I got to the show they were on the phone with the person who was running the show.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I didn't get a refund of any kind, no transaction was made that day because of the incident. I am also not looking to get any kind of compensation from Showmasters. They are good people who were willing to work with me.

I was informed that the security company that was contracted will no longer be used. Another incident happened that night with them when one of them violated conduct by looking under a tablecloth under someone's table. One of the vendors rigged up a game camera and caught the security peeping under the tablecloths and messing with merchandise...

VCDL really backed me up on this one!!! Huge thumbs up for them...By the time I got to the show they were on the phone with the person who was running the show.

:D PVC goes straight to the top.

Glad it all worked out satisfactorily.