• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about buying a pistol?

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Nice, thanks for the link. I have one within walking distance also. :)

What holster are you using for the 21? I'm thinking about getting a shoulder harness but not sure If I should or not because if someone has a gun pointed at me. I think it might be hard for me to reach in my jacket to get at it.

Although, i'm thinking it will be more comfortable in a sitting postion. Which I do alot of. lmao
I was using a $7 holster from walmart most of the time.
I recently ordered a new holster from http://www.barberleatherworks.com

I got the Chameleon Holster located at the bottom of http://www.barberleatherworks.com/holsterpictures.html.
It was $30 shipped. I got it in 3 days. I like the holsters. I think it looks alot better in person then the pictures. It held my G30sf Very tight and it was incredibly comfortable and I imagine it will be the same on the 21.

I would recommend it if your looking for something low priced but high quality.
When I have more money I would probably buy a custom molded one in shark skin. But that's sometime in the future. I do not have money or a job to make money at.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Glocked and Loaded:

Did you get 3 mags with your purchase being that it is a LE purchase thru the gssf?
No. The GSSF purchases are only supposed to come with 2 mags in a white label box (I think it was white label) but most people who honor that just sell the Blue label box's with 3 mags. unfortunately ED's goes by the book and sells it with 2.

And its not technically a LE purchase its a Regular purchase at LE pricing which is why its supposed to only have 2 mags not 3. But they do offer you a third mag for $21.

Crypto

imported post

ya, i'm unemployed also...
I'm actually like 80 dollars short of 600 dollars to spend on a glock 21.

being that you said something like $593.40 out the door. I might as well wait till i have a full 600 to try and get the pistol. All of us unemployed guys get paid on tuesdays. lmao

Thanks for the links. I will be like you. I will need a cheap O holster to start out with. :banghead:

Crypto

imported post

You carry the Chameleon Holster on the IWB or OWB?
Ya makes things really hard when there is no money coming in but there is always money going out.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I only used it once before I sold it and I carried it OWB at 4-5. I tried it IWB and it was comfortable but it did not hold very well, When I pulled out the Glock the holster came with. but I figure that's because it was new and was very hard and holding the Glock very tight.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I got my 21sf RTF2 today. Feels very nice. I think the Trijiicon night sights work better then the Glock Night Sights but I don't regret getting the Glock Night Sights over Trijicon.
I actually like the way the Glock ones look physically over the Trijicons. But the Trijicons have a better glow to it
Did you call ED's today?

And the 21 fits the holster just as well as the 30 did.

Best $596.40 I ever spent. Now I just cant wait to shoot it.

No camera for Pics :banghead:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Interesting from another Thread:

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Now we just had a long discussion about this in Washington forum, I agree that that should be how it is but the federal form has a box if you are purchasing this for your self or someone else, and the consensus was you will not pass the back ground check if you check for someone else.

Okboomer wrote:

I have checked that box twice ... both times I was told that when the other person received the gun (they were gifts) to come back and do the "transfer" at the shop so their records would be straight.

We made it an 'outing' with the people, you know, introduced them to the store owner, completed the paper work, they browsed the cases for a while, handled a few guns, etc.

IIRC, I did have to supply the name of the person who was going to receive the gun on the background form when I filled it out ... and I believe it asked for the relationship to the person who would ultimately receive the gun. Since they were BIL and DD, I knew they were legal to own a gun.

My gun store owner did not charge me these two times nor when I had another gun drop shipped for the paperwork, just the original purchase BGC, and on the dropshipped gun, they were more interested in the gun than the paperwork ... it was open the shipping box, pull the gun out, look it over, pass it around, then do the paperwork :lol:

Crypto

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
I got my 21sf RTF2 today. Feels very nice. I think the Trijiicon night sights work better then the Glock Night Sights but I don't regret getting the Glock Night Sights over Trijicon.
I actually like the way the Glock ones look physically over the Trijicons. But the Trijicons have a better glow to it
Did you call ED's today?

No, I didn't call them. Being that I have a wife and a kid. They take all my extra money. I'm unemployed. I'm like 10 dollars short of 600 dollars now. :(

I don't even know if I can buy a pistol for under 600. I think I might wait till I have 700 dollars and go down to the marksman on canyon road. Then pick one up.

Crypto

imported post

Well, I've been looking at eds for a Glock 21...
I would like to wait for the Gen 4's

$678.74 w/trijicon night sights/tax at normal price

$593.94 w/trijicon night sights/tax at LEO price or GSSF price

Its a $84.80 difference

That is why I need 700 dollars. I can't get a discount. I'm not a member of the GSSF.
Like I said, I will probably just wait and go down to the marksman to get one.

I know Glocked and Loaded said he wasn't a member either and they did it over the phone. I'm just still not sure If I want to order a gun over the phone or on the net yet.

After calling marksman tonight though. Sounds like they have to order the anyway. Its probably a ten times better deal just to go thru eds. :banghead:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Crypto wrote:
Glocked and Loaded wrote:
Did you call ED's today?

No, I didn't call them. Being that I have a wife and a kid. They take all my extra money. I'm unemployed. I'm like 10 dollars short of 600 dollars now. :(

I don't even know if I can buy a pistol for under 600. I think I might wait till I have 700 dollars and go down to the marksman on canyon road. Then pick one up.
Take a look at Springfield XD they are in your price range right now and just as good as a Glock and dependable.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Well, I've been looking at eds for a Glock 21...
I would like to wait for the Gen 4's

$678.74 w/trijicon night sights/tax at normal price

$593.94 w/trijicon night sights/tax at LEO price or GSSF price

Its a $84.80 difference
Call allegience firearms or Security Solutions here in Bellingham. My neighbor bought the glock 19 with hi cap mags and his total was still under 600 bucks I believe.