• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about MOC's philosophy on use of open carry gatherings

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmanhockey7

That is not going to work for everyone, especially in certain areas. Go try that in Waterford for example.

Getting permission is one thing, getting it in writing is quite another. When it comes to putting pen to paper, and then signing it, people tend to get really shy. Especially when they know it involves legal matters.

+1 People argue they can still OC in PFZ with written permission and they can but it's not easy to do that unless you know the person well enough or they're pro-gun.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Doesnt matter if they allow it or not. I can legally carry on school property and in it. I pay the taxes.

What school do you personally carry in on a regular basis?

Mike, without an answer, I'm going to have to call foul on your commentary.

This forum (and the moderator) requires substantiation of your claims (rule 5).

Also, you need to tone down the spam in your signature (oversize font) (rule 7)

scot623

+1 People argue they can still OC in PFZ with written permission and they can but it's not easy to do that unless you know the person well enough or they're pro-gun.

That's absolutely correct. Though its no different than OCing in a school like boiledfrogs did, and being kicked out and served with a trespass notice. He was never going to be allowed to carry whether the law changed or not. So all the anti gun places who would boot you out TODAY will certainly not allow you in OC after sb59 passes. So nothing has really changed.

Except now people will be able to CC in a school so no one will be the wiser and no drama will ensue.

Now, the local bar you like, they let you OC while you are eating your burger today, and should have no issue giving you permission after SB59 passes.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

Those same folks that won't likely give you written permission are the same ones who previously would tell you to leave their property. Nothing has changed except NOW, you have the option to CC, and not have to worry about a confrontation.

DanM

Can we not get too far off topic? The question is about "MOC's philosophy on use of open carry gatherings" and an attempt to clarify the comments quoted in the OP.

Looking forward to your opinion on the material I presented and the concerns expressed.

Also, any authoritative representative of MOC is invited to clarify. The material implies that MOC might use open carry in PFZs to, in essence, irritate people or politicians about OC in PFZs and drive them to see SB 59 as more "appealing". Phil could too, but on another post he indicated he would only be announcing events from now on.

detroit_fan

Can we not get too far off topic? The question is about "MOC's philosophy on use of open carry gatherings" and an attempt to clarify the comments quoted in the OP.

Looking forward to your opinion on the material I presented and the concerns expressed.

Also, any authoritative representative of MOC is invited to clarify. The material implies that MOC might use open carry in PFZs to, in essence, irritate people or politicians about OC in PFZs and drive them to see SB 59 as more "appealing". Phil could too, but on another post he indicated he would only be announcing events from now on.

If you want an answer from MOC why don't you post your question on the MOC forum? Seems you would be more likely to get an answer there.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
When you wish to engage someone in discussion, you need to go where they are. Please feel free to post on MOC's forum; its obvious that you're not going to get satisfaction here; asking the same question over & over here will not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.