• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions about Open Carry?

half_life1052

That explains your name half-life! I too have spent time at Davis Besse (remember the football size corrosion in the reactor cover?). Yes I too am a nuke. Spent 4 years on nuclear subs before going commerical. Work for Sargent & Lundy, have worked many refuel projects across the US, including Quad Cities, Dresden, LaSalle, Browns Ferry, Sequoya, Peach Bottom, D.C. Cook. Currently actively badged at Byron and Braidwood. Understand the on-site firearms prohibition very well!

Wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths on the job. Send me a pm if so inclined.

I was on the inspection team that found that hole back in 2002. I spent the next 5 1/2 months snarled up in that little fiasco. We have traveled in some of the same circles so it is quite possible that we have met. I worked commercial from 1989 till 2007. I left the industry after the Palasades debacle. In truth Palasades just nudged my decision along (recently widowed with 3 children). Now I am a mark 1 mod 0 IT Manager.

half_life1052

half_life1052 and Mark 1911, Do you guys glow in the dark??????

Mark 1911 already answered this but I must admit to having pulled a prank on my wife back in the day. It involved one of those novelty items that you could purchase in a truck stop bathroom vending machine for a hand full of quarters. After the lights went out I started with "honey, there's something I need to tell you about this last outage . . . " . I think you can put it together from there. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Mark 1911 already answered this but I must admit to having pulled a prank on my wife back in the day. It involved one of those novelty items that you could purchase in a truck stop bathroom vending machine for a hand full of quarters. After the lights went out I started with "honey, there's something I need to tell you about this last outage . . . " . I think you can put it together from there. :cool:

Pictures will be deleted. :lol:

statistic6

So, I know I am a little off topic but this is still kind of relevant. I am in Texas and possess the TX CHL. I understand OH doesnt honor my permit. I will be traveling to Ashtabula, OH this month. Just called their police department. Guy who answered seemed entirely unprofessional. Anyways, I asked if they frowned upon open carry and he said in the most unprofessional tone, "yep..." Any advice from anne from that area?

Hareuhal

So, I know I am a little off topic but this is still kind of relevant. I am in Texas and possess the TX CHL. I understand OH doesnt honor my permit. I will be traveling to Ashtabula, OH this month. Just called their police department. Guy who answered seemed entirely unprofessional. Anyways, I asked if they frowned upon open carry and he said in the most unprofessional tone, "yep..." Any advice from anne from that area?

A lot of cities / police departments / individuals frown upon open carry. Do it anyways if you're comfortable. Just know the laws (specifically transporting via motor vehicle without a license) and carry a voice recorder.

I open carry daily and haven't had any issues. A lot of people don't even notice. But I'm in Parma Heights, which is about 30-45 minutes from Ashtabula.