• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick court update

LEO 229

imported post

Sleepless wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
I will say from "unspecified sources" that many employers in more professional fields will not consider applicants that have had any arrests. Even if no convictions.

Yes, it's illegal to do that, but who's gonna catch them?

How would it be if you had arrests in another country before you moved to the US but never any convictions, because my lawyers told me that when I am asked if I had ever been arrested or had any convictions here in Canada then I should answer in the negative.
It will beup to you if you want to disclose it.

I would not say a thing.

Crimes are different in other countries. You could be guilty of offending an entire religion and blaspheming by naming a teddy bear “Mohamed”.

With the people wanting the death sentence in this case itwould be a capitol crimeand that equates to a felony.

How would that felony carry over here in the US.... besides being laughed at for a few minutes.

nitrovic

imported post

jack wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Dismissing the charge would be done only if there was some compelling reason to believe he did not commit the crime he was alleged to have done.

If the officer cannot appear for some reason it does not mean the charges against Dan should deleted. The officer may want to returnand go forward with the charges later. This is why you get a year from the date of the crime.

Dismissing the charge would prevent the officer from doing that. The officer is the "victim" in this case and dismissing them would violate the victims rights for justice to be served.

We have no idea why the officer is out of state or if he plans to return. The charges will likely NOT be dismissed in this case.... The courts will often times continue it or nolle pros it so it can be heard again in the future.

Nolle Pros simply means that the state is not going to prosecute at this time. Just because the officer cannot be there would be valid reason to drop the charges outright.

Sorry Danbus.. this is going to stay on your record. :p

Not True. I had a case once that was dismissed without a compelling reason. In fact it was quite obvious I was guilty as hell. The Commonwealth didn't want to prosecute because we were going for a jury trial ,and I had a well known attorney that regularly kicks their ass at trial. He specializes in exposing cops as the liars theyoften are, and humiliating young prosecutors (there are a bunch of novices inmost DAoffices as the pay sucks compared to private industry/practice. The DA's officedoesn't get the A & B talent, they get the C,D, & F talent.)Charges get dismissed all the time without "compelling reason" . Only a cop or ex-cop could come up with such bullshit. Most ofcops are D & F talent and operate on intimidation their whole career, until someone stands up to them for the bullies they are.

When a prosecutorNolle pross a case it's is essentially dismissed. They can recharge you but it is extremely rare. The original charge is gone and will not appear in a criminal record check .

Our friend in Ohio will not be prosecuted, you watch. Our friend in Virginia, he should never have been charged with his current case, regardless of how crazy he is, THERE WAS NO OFFENSE COMMITTED.

Both cases just demonstrate why the Police are no friend of freedom and the Constitution, but rather brainless government drones doing the will of the STATE. Just like Hitler's SS, many are jackboot thugs. They are the enemy of freedom and a friend of Tyranny.

Never trust, cooperate with or talk to a cop.
Typical anti-police rhetoric (which I am told all the time that doesn't normally go on with this site, yet it happens again and again). Having been a police officer I can attest that "Most ofcops are D & F talent and operate on intimidation their whole career, until someone stands up to them for the bullies they are" is a total ignorant lie. Most departements hire only a small amount of officers from a very large pool and those officers go through Psych. and polygrapyhs to prove their not insane, racist, liars etc (I bet you can't claim the same...). And the part about "DA's" is a lie as well (first off, it's "CA" in the Commonwealth. Once again shows your ignorance). And now your are comparing cops to Hitler's SS??? You know nothing about world history either...

LEO 229

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Typical anti-police rhetoric (which I am told all the time that doesn't normally go on with this site, yet it happens again and again). Having been a police officer I can attest that "Most ofcops are D & F talent and operate on intimidation their whole career, until someone stands up to them for the bullies they are" is a total ignorant lie. Most departements hire only a small amount of officers from a very large pool and those officers go through Psych. and polygrapyhs to prove their not insane, racist, liars etc (I bet you can't claim the same...). And the part about "DA's" is a lie as well (first off, it's "CA" in the Commonwealth. Once again shows your ignorance). And now your are comparing cops to Hitler's SS??? You know nothing about world history either...
Yes.. there are a few here that simply do not get it. And no matter what you say... "YOU'RE WRONG!!" :D

Referring to the police as "Jack booted Thugs and Nazis"happens here and that is unfortunate.Most cops are really good people.

But just likeyour average citizens... some people are jerks.Just like some bosses are jerks. But none have anything in common with Hitler.

Don't let that cause you to go off topic here. ;)

nitrovic

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

Referring to the police as "Jack booted Thugs and Nazis"happens here and that is unfortunate.Most cops are really good people.

LEO 229

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Ahahah, you'll never get some people here to believe that Leo. I brought up the fact thatan officer helped my wife change her tire and THAT was turned around to be anti-police. It's amazing. I've noticed a lot of this stuff is the result of people getting turned down by police agencies for employment. I guess they turn their anger against the po po.
Well, in any case we will stay on topic here and not worry about it... :D

marine dad

imported post

nitrovic,

i'm about sick of your idiotic insistence that cops are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and how they go thru all sorts of bs to screen out the "bad" ones, but rather than hijack this thread i'll start a new one just for you

nitrovic

imported post

I don't recall ever posting that cops are the greatest thing at all. I asked the original poster a simple question and am awaiting an answer. Not the biggest deal in the world. I simply asked what the injuries were. I haven't posted one thing about the situation. Re-read the post sir. I love wehn I disagree with some of the anti-police posters all of a sudden I am "hijacking the thread". I'm not breaking any forum rules or laws by asking the poster what his injuries were. I can't say the same for you and your childish name calling in prior posts. That sir, is against the forum rules.

I welcome a new thread if you want to have a real discussion or argue a point. So far it's just you calling people names and spewing anti-police rhetoric. I look forward to having an intelligent debate on any topic you choose. ;)
marine dad wrote:
nitrovic,

i'm about sick of your idiotic insistence that cops are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and how they go thru all sorts of bs to screen out the "bad" ones, but rather than hijack this thread i'll start a new one just for you

LEO 229

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
I don't recall ever posting that cops are the greatest thing at all. I asked the original poster a simple question and am awaiting an answer. Not the biggest deal in the world. I simply asked what the injuries were. I haven't posted one thing about the situation. Re-read the post sir. I love wehn I disagree with some of the anti-police posters all of a sudden I am "hijacking the thread". I'm not breaking any forum rules or laws by asking the poster what his injuries were. I can't say the same for you and your childish name calling in prior posts. That sir, is against the forum rules.

I welcome a new thread if you want to have a real discussion or argue a point. So far it's just you calling people names and spewing anti-police rhetoric. I look forward to having an intelligent debate on any topic you choose. ;)
You do rub a few people the wrong way in here... :p

Start your own thread about a gun,OC, rights related topic and the two of you can go at it.

Please try to remain civil. :D

nitrovic

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

Start your own thread about a gun,OC, rights related topic and the two of you can go at it.

I agree. Marinedad tried to open a stand alone topic and could only respond with anti-police posts with no proof, just opinion. A moderator took it off the website.

I rub people the wrong way (like you do I may add ;)) because I post a different opinion. A lot of people here can't handle that.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

I agree. Marinedad tried to open a stand alone topic and could only respond with anti-police posts with no proof, just opinion. A moderator took it off the website.

I rub people the wrong way (like you do I may add ;)) because I post a different opinion. A lot of people here can't handle that.

Come on Vic. What Marinedad posted wasn't anti cop. Pointed....yes but anti, no! Why is it that when anyone posts something that doesn't suit you, it's anti cop but when you post that cops are good, without exception,.....it's OK.

When you look at the background color on this forum, is it off white or light grey. Everyone has their own perception and is entitled to express it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
I don't recall ever posting that cops are the greatest thing at all. I asked the original poster a simple question and am awaiting an answer. Not the biggest deal in the world.  I simply asked what the injuries were.  I haven't posted one thing about the situation.  Re-read the post sir.  I love wehn I disagree with some of the anti-police posters all of a sudden I am "hijacking the thread".  I'm not breaking any forum rules or laws by asking the poster what his injuries were. I can't say the same for you and your childish name calling in prior posts. That sir, is against the forum rules. 

I welcome a new thread if you want to have a real discussion or argue a point. So far it's just you calling people names and spewing anti-police rhetoric.  I look forward to having an intelligent debate on any topic you choose. ;)

Start your own thread about a gun, OC, rights related topic and the two of you can go at it.

Come on Vic. What Marinedad posted wasn't anti cop. Pointed....yes but anti, no! Why is it that when anyone posts something that doesn't suit you, it's anti cop but when you post that cops are good, without exception,.....it's OK.

When you look at the background color on this forum, is it off white or light grey. Everyone has their own perception and is entitled to express it.

I'm inclined to agree. It seems that the threads with Vic tend to have a lot of talk about cop-bashing, a lot of incredibly biased statements from Vic, and not much actual cop-bashing to go along with it.

I've seen threads here with real cop-bashing. I may have even participated once or twice. This thread basically consists of Vic telling us how much we hate cops but how awesome they really are. I don't feel like taking a side right now, but, man, what a boring conversation!

ODA 226

imported post

marshaul wrote:
peter nap wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

I'm inclined to agree. It seems that the threads with Vic tend to have a lot of talk about cop-bashing, a lot of incredibly biased statements from Vic, and not much actual cop-bashing to go along with it.

I've seen threads here with real cop-bashing. I may have even participated once or twice. This thread basically consists of Vic telling us how much we hate cops but how awesome they really are. I don't feel like taking a side right now, but, man, what a boring conversation!

And I'm inclined to disagree with you on this one. Marinedad has a really negative attitude against cops and IMO has made many more biased and inflamatory statements here against law enforcement. He's entitiled to his opinion as is Nitrovic.

But I do agree with you on one thing: These conversations do get boring!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are certainly some members who have what I consider a rather extreme negative opinion on LE. I have no objection to Nitrovic or anyone else, taking them to task about such comments and I have offered my own disagreements to such comments. The owners of this forum have clearly stated that they do NOT want LEO bashing on this forum. There is sometimes a fine line between criticizing and bashing. When that line is crossed, we are overall pretty good at self-moderating.

By the same token that I don't like seeing members painting LEOs with a broad brush as most of us recognize that most LEOs honorably do a very important, difficult job, I don't like seeing the entire forum or the entire membership being lumped together for the comments of a few. It drags threads OT and it seems to occur in the most interesting, involved discussions, thereby ruining them for everyone who is content to just ignore an out of place comment on go on with the topic.