• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racine,WI: Journal Times Editorial says unlawfully arrested citizen does not have moral high ground

SD26

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
MamaLiberty wrote:
The best we can do is live our lives as a good example, talk to others to help them understand, and refuse to excuse or shield those who do stupid, dangerous things. Force is not necessary and not desirable, except in self defense.

I still don't see anything you have proposed equate to or even come close to policing our own unherdable cats.

Can't fix straw man debating. /unwatch topic
I read it twice, and I still come up with the statement, "The best we can do is live our lives as a good example, talk to others to help them understand, and refuse to excuse or shield those who do stupid, dangerous things."

What more is there, but I guess if one is "unwatching"...

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

jmlefler wrote:
A basic thesis is that people act towards pleasure and away from pain. If you've been taught or believe that 'helping people makes you feel better', then your actions are simply a selfish way of self-pleasure.
I'm traveling, currently at Colter Bay Village on Jackson Lake near Jenny Lake in Wyoming.

On the road we're listening to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, all fifty hours of it. Ms. Rand would approve of the quoted statement.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

jmlefler wrote:
A basic thesis is that people act towards pleasure and away from pain. If you've been taught or believe that 'helping people makes you feel better', then your actions are simply a selfish way of self-pleasure.
I'm traveling, currently at Colter Bay Village on Jackson Lake near Jenny Lake in Montana.

On the road we're listening to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, all fifty hours of it. Ms. Rand would approve of the quoted statement.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
But Honestly, do you think they would have even bothered with Frank if he hadn't been carrying? IMHO, I don't think so. So in that situation it was really about 2A.

And this belongs on that thread, not this farewell thread. Having said that, I have posted additional comments to Mr. Gleason's statement there.

You hit it right on the head. If Frank hadn't been armed, they wouldn't have even spoken to him. LEO fixated on the GUN! The media fixated on the GUN.

This isn't about the gun, it's about rights, all rights.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

SD26 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
On the road we're listening to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged...
Wanna clue some of us shrugger's where the Gulch is at, Mr Galt?
Read the book and you will know that the location will be made clear when you are are ready to strike - to go on strike. I am not John Galt but I know who he is.

SD26

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Read the book and you will know that the location will be made clear when you are are ready to strike - to go on strike. I am not John Galt but I know who he is.
Read it. Enjoyed it very much. Closed up my one business last year.