• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racist Editorial Says Open Carry Is Not "Responsible"

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

No matter who is open carrying, or what kind of other legal activity they're engaging in, there is no reason to wet yourself and go whining to the police. If the police determine you are a potential threat, but not doing anything illegal, all they can do is keep an eye on you.

Besides that, no politician has EVER been assasinated by a citizen OPENLY carrying a legal handgun, PERIOD.

mrrga25

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The problem with free speech is that it is how someone interprets it. I would say that anyone chanting "Death to America" is a direct threat.

I thought that in the article it said that he never even had the chance to hand out the fliers. So he was not even given the oppurtunity of free speech because they were already to bust trying to take away the rest of his civil rights.

sureshot

imported post

Although I totally agree with the right to open carry, I am concerned that if enough of this things, open carrying at political rallies happen, the lawmakers are going to legislate new laws tostop open carry.Please use common sense when attending political rallies.

mvpel

imported post

sureshot wrote:
Although I totally agree with the right to open carry, I am concerned that if enough of this things, open carrying at political rallies happen, the lawmakers are going to legislate new laws tostop open carry.Please use common sense when attending political rallies.
"Go along to get along," in other words.

Pennsylvania has THE most specific, absolute guarantee of the right to arms of any Constitution anywhere in the world. The individual right "SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED," it says.

Any Pennsylvania legislator who introduces a bill to stop open carry, let alone votes for it, will have violated their oath of office to support the Constitution of the state.

A state rep here in New Hampshire tried to pass a bill to ban guns in the STATE HOUSE, and she managed to muster no more than 2 dozen votes out of 400+, exposing just who took their oath seriously, and she lost her primary this week and is OUT of the legislature.

The Secret Service ALREADY has the legal authority to stop open, or concealed, carry around their protectees. That's sufficient. Mr. Noble was ACROSS THE STREET from the place where Obama was to appear, and the Secret Service THEMSELVES didn't want to bother with him. Just the swaggering, overbearing State police who fancied themselves in the role of Secret Service.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

sureshot wrote:
Although I totally agree with the right to open carry, I am concerned that if enough of this things, open carrying at political rallies happen
STOP RIGHT THERE.

Mr. Nobel was not at any political rally.

Why are you miscontruing the facts?

modificationvt

imported post

"What if five Middle Eastern-looking men and two women wearing burqas were within a block of a joint outdoor appearance of Republican presidential and vice presidential nominees John McCain and Sarah Palin? What if the men were wearing holstered handguns, waving the Quran and chanting “Death to America”?"

What if five white-looking men and two women wearing tube tops were within a block of a joint outdoor appearance of Republican presideantial and vice presidential nominees John McCain and Sara Palin? What if the men were wearing holstered handguns, waving the Bible and Canting "Death to America"

Im sure that no matter what race, gender, religion, or wether or not you have a gun on your hip, chanting "death to America" would be concidered disturbing the peace...

ghostrider

imported post

modificationvt wrote:
"What if five Middle Eastern-looking men and two women wearing burqas were within a block of a joint outdoor appearance of Republican presidential and vice presidential nominees John McCain and Sarah Palin? What if the men were wearing holstered handguns, waving the Quran and chanting “Death to America”?"

What if five white-looking men and two women wearing tube tops were within a block of a joint outdoor appearance of Republican presideantial and vice presidential nominees John McCain and Sara Palin? What if the men were wearing holstered handguns, waving the Bible and Canting "Death to America"

Im sure that no matter what race, gender, religion, or wether or not you have a gun on your hip, chanting "death to America" would be concidered disturbing the peace...

Most of us are well aware that OC, in and of itself is not RS or PC. I would think that chanting "Death to America", while OC'ing, may well be RS or PC. I can't be certain of that, but I'm guessing a court and jury would go along with it.

DenWin

imported post

Here is PA law on disorderly conduct from http://members.aol.com/StatutesP7/18PA5503.htmlwith important items and (my comments) in there:

§ 5503. Disorderly conduct.
(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent (I don't believe that was his intent as he was trying to promote awareness) to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

1. engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior (wasn't fighting as far as I can tell);
  2. makes unreasonable noise (nothing said about noise);
  3. uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture (pretty sure he didn't do that, either); or
  4. creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor (I do believe his legitimate act was legally allowed and self defense).
But what do I know, I live in Oregon :banghead:

canadian

imported post

Mike wrote:
Law enforcement officials argue that the presence of an armed Noble violated another constitutional right — people’s right to peaceful assembly. State police contend that Noble’s wearing the gun was alarming to others around him, thus the disorderly conduct charge.

What about Obama's secret service guards? Were they armed? I'm sure that must have made someone uncomfortable, yet nobody arrested them.

And that rediculous strawman about the armed muslims? Yeah, like that could even happen these days.:banghead: