• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Radio Commercial has libs going crazy

georg jetson

Read this in the context of my other posts.

Of course not. Only "good" Christians believe in the same god. "Bad" Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in a different god. (which is actually the same god) Isn't that convenient?

Uhhh... I'm a bad Christian and I disagree with your assessment. I believe what you meant was "false" Christians... perhaps...

Redbaron007

I have made no strawman argument. I am simply analyzing and discussing :

"The 'good Muslims' will not be marching on the 'bad Muslims', running them out of their ranks so to speak, because the 'good Muslim' know that the minuscule number of 'bad Muslims' will kill them. It has been proven to be a fact of life in the Muslim world. It does not take a great deal of Google-Fu to find example after example after example of a 'few bad apples' in the bunch, have, are, and will, kill those who speak out against them. Heck, a comic strip will get you killed."

Such a statement has a few implications, first is that good Muslims are scared of bad Muslims (as put forth) and are therefor cowards(the only possible unmentioned conclusion). I think this is false on its face. I think the numbers are reversed where most Muslims agree on disliking liberty and simply see no reason to say anything against the "bad" muslims. As evidence of a general lack of cowardice are the uprisings in recent history. Seems many Muslims are not afraid of death, yet nothing is said against "bad" Muslims. This implies the "bad" Muslims are in fact the majority or at least the majority sympathize with them.

It appears your question was answered.

After reading what I wrote....nope, it does not appear that I wrote that.

DrakeZ07

This thread makes my brain hurt, lol.

How about a nice lil change of topic so everyone can go back to loving one another? Hmm... So, how about the new fall fashion? I hear Camo is making another big turn out~ :p

Daylen

It is not a matter of 'agreeing to dislike liberty' by American Muslims, in fact this sentiment should not even be attributed to American Muslims. If American Muslim did not like liberty, or "agree on disliking liberty" as has been previously state then it is quite logical to conclude that they would not have come to America in the first place, for what should be obvious reasons.

Wrong. Liberty or lack thereof is only so much of a motivation for many. They come to America for the same reason so many have, economic prosperity. The chance at a larger piece of a larger pie. If you were correct we wouldn't see news reports from Britain with muslim groups having a protest displaying signs with slogans along the lines of "to hell with freedom; SHARIA" or from this clip "Annihilate those who insult Islam". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-K9seNDuq4

H

Herr Heckler Koch

WABC AM77 New York just covered the ad at 1:00 pm news

Says Texas DPS considering pulling his instructor certification.

Daylen

It is paradoxical that some folks would attempt to segregate liberty from economic opportunity. In my view, without our 'American brand' of liberty, any number of countries provide economic prosperity, and some measure of liberty and security. The best example is Canada, from a prosperity standpoint Canada far exceeds the US right now. Why come to the US, Canada is right there? This discussion is not pertinent to the OP.

Mr. Keller has stated his views of non-Christian Arabs or Muslims, which is his constitutionally protected right. Some ascribe these statements to bigotry. I ascribe them to good ole fashion horse sense, a recognition of the obvious. If examples of the Muslim community in the UK are useful here in America, then his point is well made.

Who said they like economic liberty? I said they were after American prosperity. The Irish didn't come here for liberty, they came for food during a famine. I see no evidence of anything truly different with Muslims. And yes there are plenty of countries with prosperity and those are the ones Muslims are moving to with us among them. I might believe they were into freedom if there were not protests by Muslims AGAINST freedom.