• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Raging gun fight' in Wapato

FMCDH

imported post

irfner wrote:
madcapmag wrote:
Indeed. Its important to make sure you have extra BULLETS in those CLIPS, just incase you run out of SHELLS in the MAGAZINE in your REVOLVER! :cool:

Is that revolver an automatic?
Of course by "automatic" you mean full-auto. :quirky

cynicist

imported post

YAKIMA HAS GANGS!? Holy Shnikies! They are in the middle of nowhere!

The Yakima Valley I have heard has the second highest gang membership per capita in the country, but that's not from a reliable source.
Last week, at the pretty much weekly town gang forums, the police estimated there is between 300 and 1000 active gang members in Sunnyside (where I live,) and that's not counting the associates and dropouts. Sunnyside only has 13,000 people.
What's scary about the middle of nowhere is the lack of police presence. That's why I started carrying in the first place. I used to live in Seattle, and was secure with just my hands and maybe a box cutter (which I used at work of course) but since I moved here I carry two sidearms and if I go walking anywhere I night I wear kevlar.

Channel 9 did a thing on gang violence in the Valley. If you remember the anti-gang law that was passed last year- it started in Sunnyside. The police chief in this video claims that it worked (I beg to differ) because for a couple weeks after passing the Sunnyside law shootings dropped from three a week to zero a week. They're now back to three or so. Look up "Sunnyside" in Googlenews, and there's always something about gang violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lox0BN8mh9M

Mad Pick

imported post

From one of the articles on the "raging gunfight":

Sergio Salinas said doctors told him the bullet broke his brother's jaw, traveled down his spine and may have lodged near his kidney.

Holy crap!!!!! Now that's some penetration, if it's true!

FMCDH

imported post

Mad Pick wrote:
From one of the articles on the "raging gunfight":

Sergio Salinas said doctors told him the bullet broke his brother's jaw, traveled down his spine and may have lodged near his kidney.

Holy crap!!!!! Now that's some penetration, if it's true!
Why is it always the "accidental" gun shots that seem to do the circus tricks in the body?!

:?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

My father was shot at point blank range and the bullet bounced through several organs off several ribs before lodging in his back. When we were kids he used to let us feel the lump. He actually died on the operating table but the doctors brought him back much to our disappointment.

FMCDH

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
My father was shot at point blank range and the bullet bounced through several organs off several ribs before lodging in his back. When we were kids he used to let us feel the lump. He actually died on the operating table but the doctors brought him back much to our disappointment.
Wow, what caliber was that and what kind of bullet?

John Hardin

imported post

amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
cynicist wrote:
It's a colloquialism. Jerk.
You're right... the media since the 1930's has called mags "clips" and has indoctrinated the general populous into calling them "clips", meaning most folk are just ignorant of the difference.
Frankly I could care less if ...
It's couldn't care less.

Let's take this argument in an entirely new direction...

Ajetpilot

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
cynicist wrote:
You're right... the media since the 1930's has called mags "clips" and has indoctrinated the general populous into calling them "clips", meaning most folk are just ignorant of the difference.
Frankly I could care less if ...
It's couldn't care less.

Let's take this argument in an entirely new direction...
Actually, if your intent is to be facetious, then "...could care less" is appropriate.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
cynicist wrote:
I said I was gonna be a jerk...

Honestly, common incorrect usage does not make something correct. With that philosophy I might as well shoot my handgun sideways. Or get a C-96 Mauser pistol which actually is clip fed.

(softly) Muhahahahaha.

While his boat gently rocks in the night, we are quietly changing the language.

Shhhhh. We must never let him know that we, the people of the world, created the languages and are free to change the words however we feel like, and even create new ones or abandon old ones. Even the lexicographers (dictionary makers) admit they just report the way the words are used, as compared to making updefinitions. This is why dictionaries are compiled as compared to, say, authored.

If he wants to fuss about being "correct,"he may return to theOld French quivre, (quiver).

In the meantime we can all start talking smack to him.*

Muhahahahahaha.

*smack (n.2)
"single-masted sailboat," 1611, probably from Du. or Low Ger. smak "sailboat," from smakken "to fling, dash" (see smack
(v.2)), perhaps so-called from the sound made by its sails. Fr. semaque, Sp. zumaca, It. semacca probably are Gmc. borrowings.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=sailboat&searchmode=none

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
cynicist wrote:
I said I was gonna be a jerk...

Honestly, common incorrect usage does not make something correct. With that philosophy I might as well shoot my handgun sideways. Or get a C-96 Mauser pistol which actually is clip fed.

(softly) Muhahahahaha.

While his boat gently rocks in the night, we are quietly changing the language.

Shhhhh. We must never let him know that we, the people of the world, created the languages and are free to change the words however we feel like, and even create new ones or abandon old ones. Even the lexicographers (dictionary makers) admit they just report the way the words are used, as compared to making updefinitions. This is why dictionaries are compiled as compared to, say, authored.

If he wants to fuss about being "correct,"he may return to theOld French quivre, (quiver).

In the meantime we can all start talking smack to him.*

Muhahahahahaha.

*smack (n.2)
"single-masted sailboat," 1611, probably from Du. or Low Ger. smak "sailboat," from smakken "to fling, dash" (see smack
(v.2)), perhaps so-called from the sound made by its sails. Fr. semaque, Sp. zumaca, It. semacca probably are Gmc. borrowings.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=sailboat&searchmode=none
And properly my little boat is a sloop.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
SNIP And properly my little boat is a sloop.
I'm sorry. That statement doesn't jibe. :D

It would properly be called a sloepen, from Middle Dutch. "to glide."

Muhahahahahaha.

We're everywhere, and we've been at it for years. Even when you think you know the proper word, we had already changed itcenturies ago.

Muhahahahahaha.

:D