• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RANT: Idiots in my engineering class.... don't know SH!T about guns.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I do not have a patent but O have several friends that do. They all know their patent numbers by heart. I guess David had accomplished so much this trivia escaped him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know many who have patents and none have memorized a patent # ... unless, maybe, your friends have patents on memory improvement drugs ... :cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yeah, I call BS. Even if you don't know them by heart, you can easily get them. Having even one patent is a significant accomplishment and involves a lot of work - to have as many as he claims is an amazing achievement. And since he has already posted his name in open forum, it's not like it would be giving anything away to post the patent numbers. Unless, of course, he can't because they don't exist anywhere other than his imagination.

An invention can take a lot of work, or 5 minutes.

hal5000

The Magical Land of Lala

Hey I have worked in an industry overrun with Engineers and thus confusion and in fighting, as far as I am concerned there are two types of Engineers, the open minded individual that is willing to learn from applied trades to improve his/her practical understanding of the construction he/she is designing or the two dimensional Engineer that lives in the Land of Lala where everything is assembled at night by the Magical Construction Gnomes. Almost without exception Engineers are very arrogant right off the start and some learn some humility when they are embarrassed when the Gnomes work backfires upon them. If you've ever had Gnome **** on your shoe's it's very difficult to get off.

So I guess my point is that not all Engineers use logic and common sense as tools of learning some depend upon fantasy and whimsy from an imaginary World of make believe. :banana:

Last edited:

georg jetson

Hey I have worked in an industry overrun with Engineers and thus confusion and in fighting, as far as I am concerned there are two types of Engineers, the open minded individual that is willing to learn from applied trades to improve his/her practical understanding of the construction he/she is designing or the two dimensional Engineer that lives in the Land of Lala where everything is assembled at night by the Magical Construction Gnomes. Almost without exception Engineers are very arrogant right off the start and some learn some humility when they are embarrassed when the Gnomes work backfires upon them. If you've ever had Gnome **** on your shoe's it's very difficult to get off.

So I guess my point is that not all Engineers use logic and common sense as tools of learning some depend upon fantasy and whimsy from an imaginary World of make believe. :banana:

I'm an engineer and I approve this message. :)

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I, too, am curious and anxious to applaud you for the many things you have invented -- and patented -- that have improved society. Please do tell...

Shoot me a PM ... with contact like your telephone # I'll give you a call...

I'll defer on your suggestion that I provide my phone number. I'd rather that you regale the entire community here with your inventive prowess....

Heavens no....I'm an inventor ... and I don't do that; I know of few that do.

A check? I was working for a company...I got $10 ... for each patent I ever got. They used to not give inventors anything .... but that ran into problems in court.

Those who know little about the patent world....a learning experience here.

The sound of crickets relating to anything he has "patented" ....

stealthyeliminator

Schools are dehunanizing industrially?

I guess home school its :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Your grammatical or spelling errors make your post incredibly ambiguous, perhaps you should fix it so that when people jump down your throat they can do it for the right reason.

Primus

Your grammatical or spelling errors make your post incredibly ambiguous, perhaps you should fix it so that when people jump down your throat they can do it for the right reason.

Not sure if you were being serious, but the person I quoted got the friendly joke.

See the 2 posts that follow your "correction".

stealthyeliminator

Not sure if you were being serious, but the person I quoted got the friendly joke.

See the 2 posts that follow your "correction".

I didn't make a correction, because I could not, because your post was ambiguous and it was not possible for me to determine what you meant. If someone else got it, great. Moving on.