• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Re-Starting the Eastern Kentucky Open Carry Meetings is Ashland.

DrakeZ07

The Hi-point is more like the Sharps rifle. Both were the cutting edge of weapons technology in the 1800s. Both are heavy with a limited capacity. And neither of them are an acceptable carry by most OCers standards. :banana:

Well, I do have higher than average standards for OC, I just cant afford to exercise those high standards, otherwise you'd see me OC'ing a golden .50AE DEagle with a crocodile skin holster.

But the Hi-Point is very akin to the AK, both are cheap in price, both are heavy, and ungodly inaccurate, both can be driven over by a large vehicle, soaked in sand, mud, water, and dirt, then get ratched back, fed ammo, and fire like nothing happened. Both are semi-auto, both have plenty of space between movable parts, and minimal moving parts at that, which helps its reliability. Only difference being, one is made in teh Buckeye state, the other in the Soviet bloc.

And hey, speaking as a former AK owner, The day that a SIG is put on the same platform as an AK, is the day that I quit Crossdressing, quit storm chasing, quit home cooking, date and marry a female, buy a 9mm, get rid of my pink camo and rainbow outfits, convert to christianity, join the Republicanazi party, and quit being gay.

Never gonna happen, dude.

neuroblades

The AK has always been known for both the ease of production and ease of use. The AK can be (and are) made in a cave, so they are relatively inexpensive. Sigs are one of the most expensive production handguns in the US market.

Also, the 220 series (and its derivatives) has more controls than most school buses. With your slide, slide release, decocker, mag release, take down lever, trigger, hot/cold water. And that is BEFORE you add an extended rail and fill it up. We all know those SIG guys adding their flashlights, lasers and wind meters.

It would be about impossible to teach someone to use a SIG. With an AK all they would need to learn is how to charge the weapon (120 A/C, included, or with a 12 v D/C adapter, not included) and pull the trigger. You don't even have to teach them to aim. Nobody can hit anything with an AK anyways, no use trying.

In closing, you sir are wrong.

I beg to differ, you make the mistake of actually comparing a SIG pistol to an actual AK rifle. One's a pistol, the other's a rifle, like Apples & Oranges, dude. *LOL* Plus, we weren't talking about the cost of production and such. We were talking about reliablity and dependability. Granted, SIG's are rather expensive, I'll give you that but you can't compare a pistol to a rifle. *LOL*

Last edited:

neuroblades

Well, I do have higher than average standards for OC, I just cant afford to exercise those high standards, otherwise you'd see me OC'ing a golden .50AE DEagle with a crocodile skin holster.

But the Hi-Point is very akin to the AK, both are cheap in price, both are heavy, and ungodly inaccurate, both can be driven over by a large vehicle, soaked in sand, mud, water, and dirt, then get ratched back, fed ammo, and fire like nothing happened. Both are semi-auto, both have plenty of space between movable parts, and minimal moving parts at that, which helps its reliability. Only difference being, one is made in teh Buckeye state, the other in the Soviet bloc.

And hey, speaking as a former AK owner, The day that a SIG is put on the same platform as an AK, is the day that I quit Crossdressing, quit storm chasing, quit home cooking, date and marry a female, buy a 9mm, get rid of my pink camo and rainbow outfits, convert to christianity, join the Republicanazi party, and quit being gay.

Never gonna happen, dude.

OK, I was incorrect, let's judge the AK by rule of SIG! *LOL* OK Drake, when are you going to burn those pink outfits now? *ROTFLMBO* Just joking guy! *LMBO*