• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RED DAWN Remake , Due out 11 - 24 - 2010

Tomahawk

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
I think Heinlein is still in coast-down mode...
LOL. Push-up mode, pushin' up daisies twenty-one years.

Starship Troopers, the book (for you virtual intellectuals), was written in 1959 when I was eleven years old.

I think he meant he was still de-spinning in his grave after that abominable film adaptation of his fine novel.

BTW, I've heard that Japanese admiral quote about the blade of grass thing is fake. Like the Hitler quote about gun control.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Starship Troopers was too funny to show for torture. I nominate the two sequels (yes, there is a part one and a part two).

"Would you like to know more?"

Or maybe the sequels to Universal Soldier.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
I think Heinlein is still in coast-down mode...
LOL. Push-up mode, pushin' up daisies twenty-one years.

Starship Troopers, the book (for you virtual intellectuals), was written in 1959 when I was eleven years old.

I think he meant he was still de-spinning in his grave after that abominable film adaptation of his fine novel.

BTW, I've heard that Japanese admiral quote about the blade of grass thing is fake. Like the Hitler quote about gun control.
Now, now Uncas. Be polite, the proper term is "apocryphal".

There is doubt that Yamamoto said that, although he studied in America and was familiar with our vastness and resources. One thng he did say upon being asked to raid Pearl Harbor was: "I can run wild for six months, but after that ....(the rest of the quote escapes me at the moment). The "blade of grass" quote was actually made by another Japanese military leader who had been in the States. Attributing it to Yamamoto just gives it more pizzazz.

Not familiar with the Hitler quote, but Heinrich Himmler said that if people wanted to have guns then they should join the Heer (Army), the SA or the Waffen-SS and defend the Reich.

Tomahawk

imported post

I'm not doubting that Hitler's regime was antigun, clearly they were. I'm just doubting that famous quote that gets passed around the internet:
1935 will go down in History! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!

This quote is debunked by none other than the SAF itself. I used to keep this quote posted by my desk at work to piss people off, but I took it down when I found out it was fake.

ETA: And BTW, my avatar is Magua, not Uncas!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Well at least I didn't call you Hiawatha :p
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Oh! That was gooood!

Wait a minute. I think I've got some recent gold-colored one-dollar coins here with that avatar. Yes! Sacajawea! :p

(Sorry, 'Hawk. I couldn't resist.)

:D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Citizen wrote:
cm2624 wrote:
SNIP What's next...?
Casablanca.

Jim Carey stars as Rick Blaine. Queen Latifa in the role of Ilsa Lund.
How dare you!
Well he has obviously been at the Scotch again...:cuss:

Chris Rock plays Sam.

But, wait 'til you hear who is playing Major Strosser: some hick--countrypolice chief named John Skinner.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
China has already successfully invaded and conquered the USA. Over the last 20 years, they have stealthily absconded with most of our manufacturing facilities, textile mills, and now they are stealing our food packing industries.
Oh please. 20 years ago the Japanese "successfully invaded and took over".

Xenophobia is so 1980s.
:lol:+1