• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Removed from VA Wheelchair Games 7/16/09

joeroket

imported post

o2ryan wrote:
Gentlemen,

I hate to say this, but this entire conversation is irrelevant. The Spokane Convention Center, as well as the Spokane Arena and Opera House, are not owned by the city of Spokane, but by a municipal corporation called the Spokane Public Facilities District by which I am employed. The name is missleading but it basicly boils down to the fact that they are not owned by the city or the state, so they can and have made it policy not to allow open carry of firearms on their property. Is it posted? No. Should it be? IMO, Yes, but state law has no requirements to do so at this point. The RCW is clear about CC in these facilities, so I would have no problem doing so, but expect to be asked to leave if seen OC at the Convention Center, Spokane Arena or INB Perfoing Arts Center.

Wrong. If I have a CPL then they cannot exclude me because I am openly carrying a firearm. An open carry ban my a municipal corporation is unenforceable as it is outside the scope granted to them by RCW 9.41. It does not get much clearer than 9.41.300 puts it.

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060.

o2ryan

imported post

joerocket, you are absolutly correct if you possess a valid CPL and I have tried to tell them that. As I stated earlier, this is how they are currently opporating and they need to be corrected, bus as I depend on them for a living I am not in a current position to argue that point. I am going out on a limb even discussing this topic on this forum, but I am doing my best to inform you of how this organization currently opperates and how you can expect to be treated should you visit these facilities in an OC mode. I would realy like to see their polocy come in line with state law, but I can not change that from where I am standing.

joeroket

imported post

o2ryan wrote:
joerocket, you are absolutly correct if you possess a valid CPL and I have tried to tell them that. As I stated earlier, this is how they are currently opporating and they need to be corrected, bus as I depend on them for a living I am not in a current position to argue that point. I am going out on a limb even discussing this topic on this forum, but I am doing my best to inform you of how this organization currently opperates and how you can expect to be treated should you visit these facilities in an OC mode. I would realy like to see their polocy come in line with state law, but I can not change that from where I am standing.
Gotcha.