• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep George Lavender will sponsor Texas open carry bill

B.D. WALKER

I just recently started following the OC subject and this is fantastic news, i understand that its far from a victory right now but its getting the subject out there.

Exactly... Now the open carry supporters can confidently say the project is off the ground. This is the first step of many and it is in the right direction. What we can do is keep calling, emailing and generally contacting our rep's about this to ask for their help and support.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just recently started following the OC subject and this is fantastic news, i understand that its far from a victory right now but its getting the subject out there.

Each day it grows stronger as more and more people understand the issue.

Surely no self-respecting Texan would say the they were any less trustworthy nor any less law abiding than the citizens of all the other states were OC is recognized and accepted.

Stand up and be counted!

jbozz300

Looks like it has been sent to committee to be put on the calender. Hopefully they will look at this pretty quick and get it up to Perry to sign.

rushcreek2

Representatives assigned to the House Calenders Committee"

Tod Hunter, Republican/Chairman
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=32

Dennis Bonen, Republican/Vice Chair
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=25

Dan Branch, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=108

Garnet Coleman, Democrate
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=147

Byron Cook, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=8

Charlie Geren, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=99

Jim Keffer, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=60

Trach O. King Democrat
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=80

Lois W. Kolkhorst, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=13

Eddie Luccio III, Democrat
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=38

Allen Ritter, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=21

Eddie Rodriguez, Democrat
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=51

Burt R. Solomons, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=65

Vicki Truitt, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=98

John Zerwas, Republican
www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=28

It is urgent that these members of the Calenders Committee be contacted TONIGHT and urged to put HB 2756 on the calender.

I would at the very least ask everyone to contact the Chairman Todd Hunter. Then go down the list if energy and time permits. Personally, I wouldn't waste MY TIME bothering to communicate with the Democrats. Suit yourself on that one- especially if the Demo happens to be YOUR REPRESENTATIVE .

HB 2756 needs to be fast-tracked because it would remedy the constitutional conflict existing between Section 46.035(a) Penal Code and Article 1, Section 23 of the Texas Constitution, and the Second Amendment.

Section 46.035(a) is void , unenforceable, and only serves as a threat of interference with the free exercise of the right to bear arms in lawful defense in Texas.

HB 2756 would repeal the unconstitutional Section 46.035(a) failure to conceal provision applied to Texas CHL holders.

The right to bear arms openly in Texas in lawful defense is guaranteed under the Second Amendment, and Article 1, Section 23 of the Texas Constitution.

It is imperative that the Legislature fast-track HB 2756 in order to avoid unnecessary , and costly civil rights litigation in the future.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

B.D. WALKER

I think contacting these reps, especially at this point is a very good idea.

I just sent an email to everyone of these reps including the democrats, of course I sent to the Republican reps first. I had the time and I don't think it would hurt.

Everyone should get in contact with them by any means they so choose to ask for the help to make this work.

Last edited: