• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Gov Kaine about bills SB476 and SB776 - won't admit he's wrong!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So what's the "other" statute we have to read?

And is the Association of Police Chiefs a state law enforcement agency?

Without video it's hard to tell --- which sides of his mouth was he talking out of?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
SNIP Without video it's hard to tell --- which sides of his mouth was he talking out of?

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahah!!!

Great observation, Tess!

There is an easier way.

"If his lips are moving, he's lying."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
replace him with a conservative who understands the Constitution. And that will never be a democrap.

Not going to be a republican't either. :banghead:

Edit: I can't say I agree with anything thrasymachus has said. His positions are well-thought out, but they are based on beliefs that are different enough from my own that my conclusions are entirely different. For example, thrasymachus seems to believe OC is "more dangerous" than CC (yeah, right), and that there is some inherent value to allowing CC by permit only -- despite the fact that two states have no carry restrictions and are perfectly safe.

Also, his analysis of nationwide CC indicates a narrow-mindedness I cannot even begin to imagine. Suffice it so say California already has may-issue CC, which is not going away. Even more, may-issue CC also happens to be a violation of the 14th amendment. Due to this unconstitutionality, and thanks to heller, I am confident we will see shall-issue CC across the entire state before long.