• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revised Richmond October OC Dinner

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
If I get lucky this afternoon, I'll stop by for the after dinner entertainment. I'll bring the horns!
Now that would be entertaining :D

Hope you can make it and meet PA-Carry - he'll have news from "above".

Yata hey

sitedzn

imported post

Sounds like I need to do all I can to get there. Best I can hope for is the after dinner roundup. Sorry, I'm all out of quarters.

dragonmom

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
bnkrazy wrote:
Two maybe's, depending on if we can get a sitter.
Just really paid attention to the "if we can get a sitter" caveat.

You can always OC the little ones. :D

I do understand the desire to have an evening out unincumbered though.

Yata hey

Well we got a sitter. If you haven't noticed I am bnkrazy's wife on here. :) (not many posts yet) Our kids go to bed 7 and that is the main reason we got someone to watch them. Our son would have a melt down if he didn't get in bed on time. Trust me no one wants to see that. :what:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

dragonmom wrote:

Well we got a sitter. If you haven't noticed I am bnkrazy's wife on here. :) (not many posts yet) Our kids go to bed 7 and that is the main reason we got someone to watch them. Our son would have a melt down if he didn't get in bed on time. Trust me no one wants to see that. :what:
Great - look forward to seeing you both!

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Zorba's Restaurant
Greek & Italian Cuisine
9068 W. Broad St.
Tuckernuck Shopping Center
1/8 mile past the West Tower theater sign
270-6026 when heading west on W. Broad Street

Map: http://tinyurl.com/4b5mkr

Confirmed + Possible

hlh................. 2 Bring a new guest
Skidmark......... 1 .............1 Children always welcome
Grapeshot........ 1
Pa Carry........... 1
Spectre............ 1

ltharris ............ 2
67GT390FB...... 1 .............1
bnkrazy............ .............2
ProShooter....... .............1
KnightSG7........ .............1
SFDoc.............. 2
ballester........... .............1
essayons.......... .............1
papabear.......... .............2
sidestreet......... .............?
bnkrazy............ 2

Yata hey
Post RSVPs or
relative comments below.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hlh wrote:
Hey Grapeshot, I'm patiently waiting for you to post first this time... :D
No way could I ever beat you to the draw on post dinner posts. There are those that think you have a lap top in your vehicle.

Good food and great company. Conversation range covered Pennsylvania happenings, Norfolk and Danibus, first hand Iraqi experiences, newly acquired wheel guns, quarter pitching and other topics of mutual interest.

Look forward to the next dinner all ready. :exclaim:

Yata hey

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Got there a bit late, but they were on top of things and the food was out almost a quick as those that were there earlier. Had a great time, as did Dragonmom.

First time we'd been there andwe've now added Zorba's to our roatation. Food was great and you did not leave hungry.

Looking forward to the next one.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Got there a bit late, but they were on top of things and the food was out almost a quick as those that were there earlier. Had a great time, as did Dragonmom.

First time we'd been there andwe've now added Zorba's to our roatation. Food was great and you did not leave hungry.

It was a pleasure meeting you two tonight and seeing the usual gang as well.

Jim

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My pictures are at http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/Oct%20OC%20Dinner%202008/ (scroll down a bit to see the pictures)

Leonard took some pics, too. They are at http://www.richmondliberty.org/gallery/f/oc_dinner_20081014

For a while there after dinner it was thought that Dale had gone over to the Dark Side. We never did figure out what he was doing trying to get into some strange person's vehicle in the parking lot. Heard a lot about "puppies" and "candy" but never saw him get any.

Steve (PA Carry) said he will be seeing Mtn JACK this coming Saturday, and will be giving him the large GUNS SAVE LIVES button he was supposed tro have delivered in time for Mtn JACK's preliminary hearing. Better late than never. (Relax, Steve, I'm just yanking your chain. :p)

For anyone that missed it, our waitress, Brandy, provided us with two (2) wonderful OC moments. First, when we came in she asked why everybody was wearing guns. Lee responded by asking her why she wore a seatbelt & she said "for safety." Lee told her that's the same reasaon we carry. She responded by saying "OK" and never seemed to be bothered by our guns. It was just curiosity that got answered. BTW - good job fielding the query, Lee.

The second moment was while Brandy was collecting the tabs after dinner. She was given a GUNS SAVE LIVES button and she got into a short conversation with Dale & Steve about wanting to get a gun but not right now. Both Dale & Steve encouraged her to consider why "now" was a good reason for her to get a gun and she made a face that seemed to say "I will think about what you said."

We got a few looks, and according to Joe one near-decapitation by swivel-necking while we were standing outside after dinner. Which reminds me - did anyone notice the lady in the first booth as we came in to be seated? I hope we did not scare her, but she sure was eying all the hardware that was passing at about eye-level. :what:

Start thinking about where we will ave dinner next month.

stay safe.

skidmark

essayons

imported post

Very nice to meet all of y'all. Good conversation, great food, learned alot, hope I didn't bore you too much with war stories.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

essayons wrote:
Very nice to meet all of y'all. Good conversation, great food, learned alot, hope I didn't bore you too much with war stories.

Never a boring story war story - now fairy tales are a different matter.

We get better news that way than from the press.

BTW - thank you for your service.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

skidmark wrote:
For a while there after dinner it was thought that Dale had gone over to the Dark Side. We never did figure out what he was doing trying to get into some strange person's vehicle in the parking lot. Heard a lot about "puppies" and "candy" but never saw him get any.

I never saw any puppies or candy, only .357 magnum 'big boy' guns and lively conversation on a number of suitable after dinner topics for adults.

Perhaps the after dinner confab was more interesting this time on the Dark Side........

Butlerite

imported post

Thanks so much, guys and gals for making me feel at home! It was more than great meeting all of you. Maybe I can make it down there again for another get together!

Paul, I will see Jack on Saturday evening and give him the pin. I knew you were joshin'. :cool: