• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revolvers = Pointless

LEO 229

imported post

GWRedDragon wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Wheel guns are not prone to double feeds, fail to load, fail to extract problems.

When properlyloaded.. you simple pull the trigger and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a shot off.

They have the same trigger pull each and every time too.
Glocks too, right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ilove my baby glock.....!!

But of course... I am referring to the other "sub standard" guns out there that have two different trigger pulls. ;)

Huck

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Wheel guns have their place.

While semi-autos are the gun of choice due to the number of rounds it can hold... a wheel gun has its benefits.

Wheel guns are not prone to double feeds, fail to load, fail to extract problems.

When properlyloaded.. you simple pull the trigger and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a shot off.

I have a few wheel guns and enjoy them.
There's a old saying; "Keep it simple stupid". I only have revolvers anymore because they're simple and therefore reliable. IMHO, "high tech", like in autos,(or with anything else for that matter)means "prone to malfunctions."

LEO 229

imported post

Huck wrote:
There's a old saying; "Keep it simple stupid". I only have revolvers anymore because they're simple and therefore reliable. IMHO, "high tech", like in autos,(or with anything else for that matter)means "prone to malfunctions."
You are right... With more part comes more problems.

Revolvers are basic and simple. It does not take but 2 seconds to show someone how to load and fire. No having to remember to chamber a round, Wonder if you have in in the chamber. Teaching someone how to do a press check. What to do if it goes "click."

Witha revolver.. you just pull the trigger again and the cylinder rotates. Hopefully on a live round and not shot #7. :lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Huck wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

While semi-autos are the gun of choice due to the number of rounds it can hold... a wheel gun has its benefits.

I've never had a single malfunction with my semi-auto in thousands and thousands of rounds. My gf's brother has a revolver that FTF's at least twice per cylinder full.

It's all about the quality of the gun. You get what you pay for. Simplicity has nothing to do with it.

Huck

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Huck wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

I've never had a single malfunction with my semi-auto in thousands and thousands of rounds. MY gf's brother has a revolver that FTF's at least twice per cylinder full.

It's all about the quality of the gun. You get what you pay for. Simplicity has nothing to do with it.

That sounds like the striker aint fully hitting the primer. Is your GF's brother using reloads? On some reloads the primer can be sunk into the casing a tad more than others and that could cause the striker to not fully impact the primer. I've never had a single FTF but I use factory ammo only and that could be why.

As for the quality of the gun... The Ruger revolversI have are very fine quality, and I've had zero problems with them. Or were you implying that since autos are generally more costlythan the good 'ol simple revolver that they're thus higher quality? Hmmm...? :)

BTW, I have no problem with semi-auto pistols, anymore than I have a prob with sports cars, speedboats, etc. To each their own. Folks will use what suits them and that's what choice is all about. I choose revolvers, apickup truck, and a canoe. ;)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Meh. I've got both, and while I favor a revolver, I've got a couple of autoloaders I enjoy alot. Friend of mine has some problems with his hand, and racking a slide is difficult anymore, so he carries a wheelgun, which is another plus for the design. Besides if 6 rounds of some of the stuff wheelguns are chambered for won't do the job, you got some real issues:p

Alexcabbie

imported post

A revolver has no manual safeties to worry about and the DA triggerpull is tight enough that a DA AD is improbable ( SA unintended discharges are almost always ND not AD). Both my revolvers are sixguns, and my semis are both single-stack Walthers. My P.38 has 8+1. Now Wyatt Earp carried sixguns and faced down multiple opponents with them. I know lots of the goblins carry double-stack semis but have you ever seen the way these punks shoot?? scared of the recoil they fire "gangsta" style, with the grip parallel to the ground and the recoil sprays shots sideways. "take your time in a hurry" as Wyatt said, and you can take four guys with four shots and have ammo left over. And really, just the surprise of having an armed citizen resisting is 99.9% of the time enough to unnerve the cowards most BGs really are. Just MHO.