• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond bartender threatens anyone carrying in his place of employment.

Mr H

Reading this thread--and the VDH reports--has been most enlightening.

I've not had occasion to dine/snack/imbibe anywhere in the Richmond area when traveling through, but I've certainly knocked one place off any list I might build!!

Based on the violations noted in the reports, it's no wonder the owner seems to have no issue keeping Jack(wagon) on board! They each seem to equally disregard reality, legality, and propriety.

All American Nightmare

They are watching this thread. If not Bess or Lauterback themselves, then Jason Roop from Style Weekly is, who is in turn acting as the middle man of information for them.

While there clearly wasn't enough time for either Mr. Van Cleave or myself to really get our points across, it was an informing segment for the general populace. Van Cleave made all of the points that the gun nuts usually make and I laughed my way through the whole thing because of how ridiculous these people and this law are. My friends and most sane people will say I won, his gun nut buddies will say the opposite. There was not a winner though....

Mr Lauderback would you and your freinds like to finish this debate at the next local VCDL meeting ? Most If not all VCDL meetings are open to the public. You and your freinds are welcome to attend.
http://www.vcdl.org/static/meetings.html

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I had not heard about this piss issue, and did not know whether to believe it or not, so I just looked it up on the Virginia health department website

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Richmond/Richmond_Website.nsf

and THERE IT WAS! On an official state govt report! Check it out yourself. It is all the way at the bottom of the page. Amazing! I hope someone follows up on this!

and on MORE than on that one date:

May 24th 2010: Comments: Containers of urine observed stored in the basement.

Jan 21 2010: Comments: Cups of urine observed stored in the basement. Discontinue this practice and use the rest rooms for this purpose.

July 7, 2009: 0470 A 4 Corrected During Inspection Several cups (20) of urine observed stored in the down stairs basement.
Discontinue this practice and use restrooms for this purpose.
blank.gif

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
While there clearly wasn't enough time for either Mr. Van Cleave or myself to really get our points across, it was an informing segment for the general populace. Van Cleave made all of the points that the gun nuts usually make and I laughed my way through the whole thing because of how ridiculous these people and this law are. My friends and most sane people will say I won, his gun nut buddies will say the opposite. There was not a winner though....

Mr Lauderback would you and your freinds like to finish this debate at the next local VCDL meeting ? Most If not all VCDL meetings are open to the public. You and your freinds are welcome to attend.
http://www.vcdl.org/static/meetings.html

Don't forget the nuts stalking him with cameras. I guess that makes you nut supervisor:lol:

richarcm

just using the poll as an indicator of agreement by those who read and watched the back and forth.....I'd say it was fairly clear that more people support the new law, the right to bear one and Philip over any incoherent rhetoric that Jack attempted to regurgitate during the discussion. His argument depends almost solely on insults, threats and intimidation. Not intelligence. Now you guys are just giving him the attention that he craves. Let him be.

As was said earlier.....there are so many important things to focus on. We proved that he's a clown. Now let's move on.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
just using the poll as an indicator of agreement by those who read and watched the back and forth.....I'd say it was fairly clear that more people support the new law, the right to bear one and Philip over any incoherent rhetoric that Jack attempted to regurgitate during the discussion. His argument depends almost solely on insults, threats and intimidation. Not intelligence. Now you guys are just giving him the attention that he craves. Let him be.

As was said earlier.....there are so many important things to focus on. We proved that he's a clown. Now let's move on.

That's true Richard. We just have to find something to talk about. Everything I'm working on for this fall is non gun related, I don't know what VCDL has on the burner and the VDOF thread I started yesterday disappeared so I guess open carry in the woods isn't really open carry.

Gonna be a dull week!:lol:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's true Richard. We just have to find something to talk about. Everything I'm working on for this fall is non gun related, I don't know what VCDL has on the burner and the VDOF thread I started yesterday disappeared so I guess open carry in the woods isn't really open carry.

Gonna be a dull week!:lol:

Bet me!

Old Virginia Joe

Reading this thread--and the VDH reports--has been most enlightening.

{{{I've not had occasion to dine/snack/imbibe anywhere in the Richmond area when traveling through, but I've certainly knocked one place off any list I might build!!

Based on the violations noted in the reports, it's no wonder the owner seems to have no issue keeping Jack(wagon) on board! They each seem to equally disregard reality, legality, and propriety.
}}}

For those who appreciate the restaurant reports, does anyone wonder why the inspection reports of the grocery stores done by the Virginia Department of Agriculture inspectors is NOT available by internet? This is so inconsistent! If you have access to the ear of a politician in the General Assembly, ask why this has not been done yet. We are paying for these inspections, and they should ALL be public, don't ya think? We need political "backup!"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
First they came for the CC'ers, Peter. And you didn't speak up because you don't CC.

You should read all the comments I made about the poll before deciding who I side with. Nothing's simple!

Being an advocate is difficult sometimes Thundar.

While I don't have a dog in this fight, I did support the bill because it brought near parity for CHP and OC in this particular case.

The Campus Carry bill that wasn't introduced this year is a good example. First, I don't like Ken Staunton. Second, it is P4P.

I did a lot of soul searching before the session this year because I was sure it would be on the table. I decided that my personal feelings shouldn't be part of OV's lobby effort and it was a VCDL matter, not rural affairs.

I also decided that in yet another instance, the overall good it did for the Gun Lobby, overshadowed the harm it did to our right to carry firearms without permission.

It's a hard thing for me to do because my temperament is to dig my heels in and maintain zero tolerance.

I still plan to do that for 99.9 % of P4P issues.

After looking at this thread and the open poll for days now, I decided that while I do not benefit from this law, it doesn't hurt me either (other than reversing my stance).

I went ahead and voted just to maintain unity.

If the rift continues, which it will if more P4P is introduced, the gun vote will be split and we will lose on both ends.

Again, I want to point out that most OC'ers are not the enemy. The fight is with a select group (Read some of Richmondguns sometime)...but not all people with CHP's.

Tonight, I'll go to an OC dinner with a group of wonderful people and have a great time. Even though all or most will be OC'ing, a large percentage will have CHP's.

That doesn't give them Cooties and the surprising thing is...most agree with us about P4P.