• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast - March 13th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Seventeen appetites put a huge dent in the pork and egg reserves, and coffee was critically low by the time we departed.

Had a few "bug eyes," some good inquiries and Jane give out a requested GSL button to a sweet, white haired older lady.

Good to meet the newest members to our weekly breakfast debriefing. The OC dinners are fun too - give it a try.

Look for the Surryhouse, ferry ride, Jamestown event sometime in May.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Good turnout and good people....and ....another BIG GUN!

http://www.photos.oldva.org/albums/userpics/normal_b4.jpg Picture's here so you can see it when this one gets deleted:p

normal_b4.jpg

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Sorry guys, the kid spent most of the night throwing up so by the time I got to sleep, it was somewhere around 5...sooo.....sorry! Didn't really want to risk taking her out around too many people either...

2many

Richmond (Chesterfield Co.), Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Seventeen appetites put a huge dent in the pork and egg reserves, and coffee was critically low by the time we departed.

Had a few "bug eyes," some good inquiries and Jane give out a requested GSL button to a sweet, white haired older lady.

Good to meet the newest members to our weekly breakfast debriefing. The OC dinners are fun too - give it a try.

Look for the Surryhouse, ferry ride, Jamestown event sometime in May.

Yata hey

Had to miss the breakfast myself, but the above piques my interest. The "5 to 10 Ride" is a favorite (M/C) ride of mine, and often take it after work just to clear my head... stopping at The Surry House for vittles before heading back to town.

I'll keep my ear peeled for this one.
nod.gif

bmartinxd45

imported post

wow,:shock: after seeing that pic of me I think I should probly go on a diet so as not to restrict my ability to carry concealed when I get my permit.;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Just for my own clarification.....I did take some pics of the "group" at the breakfast. Is it not permissible to post them here?
You're good to go - they're always appreciated.

Don is uber sensitive about showing faces, sometimes, some places. I figure that I gave my release by showing my mug in public and I've never heard a complaint when I show/post pictures.

Yata hey

bmartinxd45

imported post

2many wrote:
bmartinxd45 wrote:
wow,:shock: after seeing that pic of me I think I should probly go on a diet so as not to restrict my ability to carry concealed when I get my permit.;)
B, I could have said something; no pix required. Just didn't want to hurt your feelings.
pot.gif

yelrotflmao.gif
why not ithas never stopped you before :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Just for my own clarification.....I did take some pics of the "group" at the breakfast. Is it not permissible to post them here?
You're fine to post!
Depending on who and where the picture was taken, I blur the faces. I don't know the new fellows and for all I know, they may work in a unfriendly industry, could have an ex wife to be looking for an excuse to take the kids or is just shy.

I take a thousand pictures in an average week and like to err on the safe side.

bmartinxd45

imported post

Don, as one of the new guys feel free to post any pics of me you wish. I have nothing to hide and both my ex-wives are pro-gun any way so that doesn't matter, besides if you post them than everyone gets to my handsome self:celebrate

2many

Richmond (Chesterfield Co.), Virginia, USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
ThunderRanch wrote:
You're fine to post!
Depending on who and where the picture was taken, I blur the faces. I don't know the new fellows and for all I know, they may work in a unfriendly industry, could have an ex wife to be looking for an excuse to take the kids or is just shy.

I take a thousand pictures in an average week and like to err on the safe side.
For future reference (I also take a lot of pictures), is this the preferred way of posting pix on this forum??

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bmartinxd45 wrote:
Don, as one of the new guys feel free to post any pics of me you wish. I have nothing to hide and both my ex-wives are pro-gun any way so that doesn't matter, besides if you post them than everyone gets to my handsome self:celebrate
I'll remember it!

If you're talking about the deleted comment, some of my posts and pictures get lost. I spend a lot of timr away from people and OC pictures are frowned upon unless you're in a crowd, and some politically sensitive pictures, female posteriors, black boxes...maybe a few others:lol:

For instance, I OC'ed today, in chest waders...this isn;t allowed:uhoh:

normal_beacver.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
bmartinxd45 wrote:
I'll remember it!

If you're talking about the deleted comment, some of my posts and pictures get lost. I spend a lot of timr away from people and OC pictures are frowned upon unless you're in a crowd, and some politically sensitive pictures, female posteriors, black boxes...maybe a few others:lol:

Is that where you lost your OC gun? Sure hope you found it before the beavers did. :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
bmartinxd45 wrote:
I'll remember it!

Is that where you lost your OC gun? Sure hope you found it before the beavers did. :lol:

Yata hey
Kinda hoping the Crappie were spawning early. They weren't but the Pickerel were hungry;)