• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rob Pincus self defense expert hates on Open Carry

MackTheKnife

Pincus and yeager

I have commented before on Rob Pincus specifically with regards to his appearance on the Best Defense show. The episode was the one of OC and how to handle LEO stops. He advocated showing ID when requested even if it was not legal for the LEO to do. I saw the video at the beginning of this thread today for the first time. I am in FL where OC is not allowed. I wish it was. Watching the video was entertaining to say the least. Rob is "vehemently" against OC. He said it doesn't provide any advantage. Really? No deterrrent effect, no clothing to get cleared before drawing, etc.?
Yeager's comments about people OC'ing without training? How does he know who has had training and who hasn't? They both are against those who OC'd and filmed LEO violating there rights. I guess exercising a right in their minds is wrong. Oh, well. Rob has has his right to be wrong.

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
If OC has no value or advantage at all, then I must ask, Why do police do so and private security do so? There must be a reason it works out this way?

SFCRetired

B...b...but, guys; Messrs Pincus and Yeager are "experts". They know so much more than us poor, untrained, ordinary "civilians".//sarcasm switch off//

1. I quit being a "civilian" fifty-two years ago when I donned the uniform of my country for the first time. Mr. Pincus is a graduate of Norwich University and apparently held a reserve commission at one time. Doesn't say much to me. Mr. Yeager's bio does not list any military service that I have found.

2. I learned many years ago than an "ex" is a has-been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure. So, an "expert" is a "has-been drip under pressure", especially those who style themselves "experts" and put down others as these two "gentlemen" have done.

3. I also understand that Mr. Yeager has lost his Tennessee gun carry permit for threatening to kill people. He has also threatened to "break the back" of people who call him a coward. I still haven't gotten the straight story of the incident in Iraq that caused someone to tag him with that particular sobriquet.

Last, but far from least, these two individuals are shining examples of people who should never be allowed to carry a water pistol, let alone a real firearm. As Mama used to say, "Bless their hearts, they don't know any better!"

Those of you from the South (and probably a few of you from the North) well understand the connotation of "Bless their hearts."

jimpen

3. I also understand that Mr. Yeager has lost his Tennessee gun carry permit for threatening to kill people. He has also threatened to "break the back" of people who call him a coward. I still haven't gotten the straight story of the incident in Iraq that caused someone to tag him with that particular sobriquet.

The reason Yeager lost his carry permit was this video. I'm in a balance on the video. I don't like Yeager because I think he is unsafe, but he has First Amendment rights.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security has suspended his right to carry a firearm concealed citing “material likelihood of risk of harm to the public”. (And does anyone else hear “Ze Fadderland” when they hear “Homeland Security”, or is just me?)

Even as vociferous as he is in the video — he said nothing specific about he will attempt to shoot a specific person or even that he will shoot anyone that isn’t trying to take away his right to keep and bear arms. So for his opinion the Tennessee Homeland Security Department is taking his right to carry a concealed weapon away. Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? He expressed his first amendment thoughts. Without a trial by the fifth amendment rights he is be deprived of his second amendment rights. :eek:

Last edited:

jimpen

I don't like Yeager because I think he is unsafe,

Let me expand on the unsafe. There have been videos he's put out that have photographers down range while his students have been shooting. One's where he's been training students on misfires and close combat that the student attacked the "perp" with the "misfired" weapon with her finger in the trigger guard with no commentary on it. That is unsafe -- but not in the criminal category. But that is different from threatening behavior.

Z1P2

I'm not surprised that Rob Pincus hates Open Carry, he is a defense expert, not a deterrance expert.

I would like to ask him if he knows why the US maintains an arsenal of nuclear weapons, when he says for deterrance, I would then ask him how they would deter anyone if they didn't know we had them? When he comes to the conclusion that they wouldn't I would ask him, what's better, to surprise our enemies after they nuke us, or to let them know we are also armed so they don't attack in the first place? Then I would ask him why he thinks the same principles wouldn't apply to personal security?

77zach

I'm not surprised that Rob Pincus hates Open Carry, he is a defense expert, not a deterrance expert.

I would like to ask him if he knows why the US maintains an arsenal of nuclear weapons, when he says for deterrance, I would then ask him how they would deter anyone if they didn't know we had them? When he comes to the conclusion that they wouldn't I would ask him, what's better, to surprise our enemies after they nuke us, or to let them know we are also armed so they don't attack in the first place? Then I would ask him why he thinks the same principles wouldn't apply to personal security?

It has been awhile since I started this thread and the more I think about it the weaker Rob's position seems.