• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rochseter Hills Picnic at Avondale Park SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY JUNE 6th

Tao

imported post

Sanitized for public consumption.

ocsubsandwich.jpg

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
T Vance wrote:
THway....too F'in funny!!!

Puts Kimberguy to shame :what:
That was the idea behind the group photo with the (INERT) AT4. It was just a spoof of the infamous Ponderosa pic. It was meant to be humorous. Sorry if it offended anyone, This was anInert AT4 that is not reloadable and completely legal to possess. Everybody at the picnic was aware that it was not an actual live AT4. Most people got a kick out of it. :cool:
While I understand that most of us in the firearms community know what it is... there are many outside that don't. And remember perception is everything... and Spin by the antis is easy with these photos should they choose to do so as the average non firearms person will just think Bazooka= bad

Doug ya beat me to it :cool:

I respectfully disagree. If the antis pull something like that, it is sooo easy to discount with proof, and the antis are the ones who look like @$$es. I love it when they shoot themselves in the foot.

It was Funny!

Not even the thickest skulled lib could beleive that you could buy, arm and reload an AT4. Much less use it to rob or carjack someone.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
T Vance wrote:

That was the idea behind the group photo with the (INERT) AT4. It was just a spoof of the infamous Ponderosa pic. It was meant to be humorous. Sorry if it offended anyone, This was anInert AT4 that is not reloadable and completely legal to possess. Everybody at the picnic was aware that it was not an actual live AT4. Most people got a kick out of it. :cool:
While I understand that most of us in the firearms community know what it is... there are many outside that don't. And remember perception is everything... and Spin by the antis is easy with these photos should they choose to do so as the average non firearms person will just think Bazooka= bad

I respectfully disagree. If the antis pull something like that, it is sooo easy to discount with proof, and the antis are the ones who look like @$$es. I love it when they shoot themselves in the foot.

It was Funny!

Not even the thickest skulled lib could beleive that you could buy, arm and reload an AT4. Much less use it to rob or carjack someone.
really? if you have the money you most likely can buy one from someone the same way some people can buy fully auto aks/ars uzis mac10s etc from people on the street, and i almost forgot they can also get RPG's.

Granted the AT4 was kinda funny I even stated that if someone saw it the cops may have been called, i did go against my better judgment and get a picture of myself with it because i do not see that chance happening anytime soon and a lot of the guys had fun looking at it and learning about it, but if someone did see it they had every right to assume it was functional

Beerme

Banned
imported post

an inert AT4 would not be classified as arms/a weapon would it?
and if it were a functional one it would be calssified as a destructive device which is ILLEGAL for most people.

Tao

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
T Vance wrote:

It was Funny!

You don't know many libtards then, do ya?

Not only will they think that a used AT4 tube is dangerous, but they'll pay money to even buy back much plainer looking transport tubes:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ka_boom/guy-from-orlando-exchanges-surface+to+air-missile-launcher-for-reeboks-291022.php

31942042.jpg

The guy who found that tube says he took it to a few garbage dumps first, and they wouldn't let him toss it in. Multiple people, and then police, thought it was dangerous.

If there is anything I've learned from my job dealing directly with the general public, it is that people are so very stupid. People rarely think critically about anything. Facts have an extremely hard time percolating into the everyday consciousness of the sheep.

Perception is EVERYTHING when dealing with the general public.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dougwg wrote:
I'm sure all of us here fully understand that.  But we're not the one's that we're trying to win over now are we.

I think the photo's are great but should have remained private.
see what happens when the adults leave early?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beerme wrote:
there were adults at that picnic I was one of them, so I am not sure who you are taking a shot at
i was "taking a shot" at doug, teasing him for leaving early. i was at the picnic too. i'm in the picture and i'm an adult. relax.
let's not forget the humor in the situation that doug is related to rocket launcher boy.

RandyK

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I'm sure all of us here fully understand that. But we're not the one's that we're trying to win over now are we.

I think the photo's are great but should have remained private.
I said thatwhile still at the picnic!