• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney and Ryan..

bagz013

I guess I am an idiot. The wife and I are cashing out of all our IRA's, selling everything we have and bugging out. That's how serious I am about what is going on. I enjoy every day I take a breadth, but something is going on and something is going to change in a big way.

We have just enough to cash out and make it till we die of old age, god willing. Not going to live a life of luxury, but we will be safe, armed and prepped.

Too many billionaires that have destroyed other economies are trying to destroy ours. They are succeeding.

I wish you luck man!

nonameisgood

Since, THERE WAS NO SHOOTING AT TEXAS A& M. Quit saying that. It was blocks off campus, involving people completely unrelated to the university, and at no time was the university involved.

They were coming to evict a guy, the guy came unhinged, and he shot his landlord and the officer hired to serve the eviction papers, along with whoever was in the way. Geez, the press just got that wrong in so many ways.
/threadjack off

I think some people listen to too much talk radio and believe what they read on the Internet WHEN it agrees with what they believe.

I have no doubt that markets will move, currency will fluctuate, politicians will pander, and voters will listen, but there will NOT be an unconstitutional takeover/holding of government by the Obama administration.

nonameisgood

I was just fed up with people talking about the "Texas A&M shooting"... It's like saying that every shooting in Chicago is at U of C. No offense was intended.

Jack House

Gold and Silver, mostly Silver. Diamonds are worthless.

A gallon of gas in 1950 could be bought with one silver quarter. A gallon of gas today can be bought with that same quarter. Gold and Silver won't get you rich, it will protect what you have.
Except you can't go into a gas station and buy a gallon of gas with a silver quarter and if SHTF, your silver will likely be equally useless as diamonds. Just sayin~

DangerClose

Except you can't go into a gas station and buy a gallon of gas with a silver quarter and if SHTF, your silver will likely be equally useless as diamonds. Just sayin~
The question then is to ask why can't I buy gas with a silver quarter. Silver quarters are still considered legal tender, but non-coined silver isn't because the federal government doesn't like competing currencies. This is the same federal government that with FDR's signature banned American citizens from owning gold. People often forget or never knew that happened.

Anyway, silver and gold aren't really so much about having money during SHTF but having money for after it during rebuilding. There's a lot of civilizations that have come and gone, but the gold they had is still valuable today.

Jack House

You should try it. Take your single silver quarter into a gas station and offer it in trade for a gallon of gas. See how far it gets ya. :rolleyes:

DangerClose

You should try it. Take your single silver quarter into a gas station and offer it in trade for a gallon of gas. See how far it gets ya. :rolleyes:

I don't know why you wrote that since I already basically agreed with that. :rolleyes: Though a silver quarter would indeed be accepted, but "legally" only at the 25 cent value printed on it.

If I was working the counter, though, I'd consider trading the person first for some cash and then he can pay with cash and I'll keep the silver.

twoskinsonemanns

In a SHTF situation your gold or silver wont be worth anything. Bring tools, or food, or ammo.....

()pen(arry

You can barter for gas with silver, but, by any commonly accepted definition of "buy", you can't buy gas with anything but legal tender. The problem with comparing the economic exchange potential of silver today or yesteryear with its potential in a SHTF situation is that, today and yesteryear, silver is liquid. In a SHTF situation, while it may retain or regain liquidity with some alternate currency, or even become de facto currency itself, its liquidity will at best be significantly reduced, and quite possibly eliminated. The historical value of silver is predicated upon relatively stable social and economic conditions, in the nation of the holder or some nation in relative proximity. While it would certainly stay more valuable than, say, tin in social and economic turmoil, it may not be more valuable than, say, lead.

Paul En Noir

Not referencing anything other than experience ... unless one picks Hitler, it would have no effect.

Umm, I don't want to completely disagree. I mean, people vote for the president, and the VP comes along as a package that in perfect scenarios enhances the deal... But I'll just contest with one word :palin.
I mean, as much as you may agree with her pro-gun stance, you can't tell me she had nothing to do with that loss. Primarily, because to a lot of people she comes off as the kind of gun toting lunatic moron we want to disassociate with. Yes, it's nice to have an avid gun supporter in public office... but she comes off as a little too avid.

Beretta92FSLady

Umm, I don't want to completely disagree. I mean, people vote for the president, and the VP comes along as a package that in perfect scenarios enhances the deal... But I'll just contest with one word :palin.
I mean, as much as you may agree with her pro-gun stance, you can't tell me she had nothing to do with that loss. Primarily, because to a lot of people she comes off as the kind of gun toting lunatic moron we want to disassociate with. Yes, it's nice to have an avid gun supporter in public office... but she comes off as a little too avid.

But she has excellent foreign policy skills...she can see Russia from her porch.

hjmoosejaw

But she has excellent foreign policy skills...she can see Russia from her porch.

Actually, she said, from some parts of Alaska, you can see Russia. And that is true. Tina Fey, playing Sarah Palin said " I can see Russia from my house", and it stuck. BTW, I think Tyson would have beat Ali. LOL

WalkingWolf

Actually, she said, from some parts of Alaska, you can see Russia. And that is true. Tina Fey, playing Sarah Palin said " I can see Russia from my house", and it stuck. BTW, I think Tyson would have beat Ali. LOL

That is what is wrong with modern liberals, they get their information from late night sitcoms.