• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roommate is on probation and I have a cpl!!!!!

THway

imported post

T Vance wrote:
The way it works is HE can't be around guns. It is his problem. He might ask you to remove them from the house/apartment. If you want to do that, it's your choice. Just remember, HE is the one who decided to go out and commit a crime, so he is the one who should find a way to deal with it.
+1 like you would not believe!

d_hillman00 wrote:
See, the problem is, is that he is the son of the guy that owns the house. And both of them are not blood family, but close enough to be family. We were discussing this issue about no guns and i told him that I didnt pay a total of almost $800 to have and carry a gun. He told me i could leave it in the truck when I was in the house. So what am I supposed to do when someone breaks into the house, tell the robber to hold on while i go upstairs and outside to get my gun. After he told me to leave it in my truck I said I didnt know if I really want to do that, then he was like if you send me back to prison cause you have a gun in the house you are going to need that gun when I get out. It just pisses me off because he is one of those 23 year old gangster type white guys and thinks he is billy bad ass because he has been through the jail system for sometime. And myself being 23 years old and can follow the rules and carry a gun on me. Now I need to be punished and not carry my gun. Its not right, thats why this is such a problem and dont know what to do
Let me explain how probation works... since i was recently released from this.

If you speak to this guys probation officer, and you state that you have guns and keep them in the house, the PO will either tell slim shady 1 of 2 things. either find a new place to stay or go to jail.

If you speak to the PO and tell them that this guy is threatening you, guess what... they WILL revoke/violate his probation and send him to jail.

With this being said, you could call his PO and inform them that you are currently sub renting a room or floor of slim shady's residence, and that you are being told as a renter that you are no longer allowed to keep your personal firearms with you, or face eviction.

TBH... you are between a rock and a hard place...

The only thing that will fix slim shady's boat... is a nice little stretch in Jackson... I bet it will take him once to figure out that baggy pants in prison means something totally different than on the street.

Worst case scenario, you get his ass thrown in prison... then you have atleast 3 to 5 years before you have to move or really need to worry about dealing with him...

d_hillman00

imported post

Yes this is the same roommate from a few days ago, his felony got dropped to a high court misdemenor, i dont live in a flip flop house....lol....I didnt buy a gun yet but i plan on it next week because i can get a armed security job very easily with my background, so i need one soon so i can get off unemployment because i hate being on it.....why cant people just grow up.....i am.....lol

1245A Defender

imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
Yes this is the same roommate from a few days ago, his felony got dropped to a high court misdemenor, i dont live in a flip flop house....lol....I didnt buy a gun yet but i plan on it next week because i can get a armed security job very easily with my background, so i need one soon so i can get off unemployment because i hate being on it.....why cant people just grow up.....i am.....lol

it thought the threads were related! soooo your felon friend that threatens you that cant be near guns that you dont even own yet!!!

sooo are you one of those weird made up scenerio crazy idea, just so you can ask a question interwebstubes troll foolish boy wanna bes just waisting our time guys???

d_hillman00

imported post

this is actually happening, this isnt a made up senario, if you have read my other posts, he actually stabbed somebody and was on the news for it, this roommate is not a joke

sprinklerguy28

imported post

So he stabbed someone, has threatened you, and now you are wondering what to do. Plus you say you can barely afford rent, are unemployed, but you are going to be buying a gun that you're not sure if you can keep on you where you are living. You need to rethink your priorities and living arrangements.

THway

imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
this is actually happening, this isnt a made up senario, if you have read my other posts, he actually stabbed somebody and was on the news for it, this roommate is not a joke
Im sorry bro... but i have to call bullshit on the way your making slim shady sound...

Just for sh!ts and giggles... we are going to do a field trip to the local gym... i bet this wigger friend of yours wouldnt go 20 toes with anyone in a ring... I bet if you actually drop your sack... and aggressively confront this kid on his dead beat life, and explain to him with out becoming physical, but remain in control and authority with the situation, i bet he wont do shit but whimper and cry to daddy.

I know his type... i used to go to high school with a bunch of wiggers like this in white suburbia... And because of my attitude towards them, well lets say i had MORE than my share of suspensions and they were all worth it....

I know from experience... they are all big and bad until you beat the sh!t out of them and take a picture of them bleeding on the floor and post them around the school...

Great times Great times....

d_hillman00

imported post

I have a couple of job oppurtunities if i have a gun, i was contacted by them earlier in the month and they asked if i had a weapon, they told me to get back to them when i did if it was relatively soon.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
I have a couple of job oppurtunities if i have a gun...

You seem to be cause of most of your troubles. You are unanalytical, overly dependent, unimaginative,indecisive, and self-sabotaging. You have placed yourself into a situation that is fraught with nothing but complications and dangers.

And, it appears from this distant perspective, that the dark cloud that is hovering over your head is growing in size. With all your troubles, real and perceived, that you have already identified due to your ownership of one gun--the most likely solution you can think of...is to get another gun.

Best of luck to you, DH.

Bronson

imported post

Use the money you are going to buy the gun with to get out of there, then see if the security companies have any un-armed security positions.

Get out first. Completely divorce yourself fromhim and the lifestylehe brings because if you remain around him you WILL get drawn into the drama of his life. He is no friend to you and you need to leave him and everyone one in your life who is like him behind.

This is why Ido notenter into business arrangmentswith family or friends.

Bronson

autosurgeon

imported post

I had a friend like that ... I put him out .. he did later get his act together but between when I put him out and that he was in trouble at least 4 more times.

I just didn't need the problems.

G

imported post

If he's threatening you he's in violation already.

G

imported post

HankT wrote:
d_hillman00 wrote:
I have a couple of job oppurtunities if i have a gun...

You seem to be cause of most of your troubles. You are unanalytical, overly dependent, unimaginative,indecisive, and self-sabotaging. You have placed yourself into a situation that is fraught with nothing but complications and dangers.

And, it appears from this distant perspective, that the dark cloud that is hovering over your head is growing in size. With all your troubles, real and perceived, that you have already identified due to your ownership of one gun--the most likely solution you can think of...is to get another gun.

Best of luck to you, DH.
At some time he will become less analytical, more independent, imaginative, decisive, self-constructive.

You on the other hand will always be an a$$ and a coward.

emptypockets

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Keep your gun on you at all times or locked up. Even though you don't have any contract written up to live there, you have established residency. They can not just kick you out with out going through the legal eviction process, which will take at least 60 days. My suggestion is find a job, any job, regardless of what it is, and move as soon as possible. It sounds like this environment is nothing but trouble, and unfortunately you could get caught up in it. He threatened you, that's not family. Stop worrying about him violating his probation and take care of yourself.
What he said x2
Agree!! x3 It isn't your problem what the roomie did.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:
he was like if you send me back to prison cause you have a gun in the house you are going to need that gun when I get out.
That right there is reason enough for me to keep a gun on me at all times, especially if I'm living with him...
and however close he is to the family, if he were to actually act on that threat the world would be better off without him in it.

and as others have said, if he doesn't have access to it its not going to be a problem for him.

my 2 cents

SpringerXDacp

imported post

d_hillman00 wrote:

Let's see if I got this right. You have a CPL but no gun (pistol), but yet, you can easily obtain an armed security position if you had one due to your background. With your "background" what was your position prior to being unemployed? If you can "easily" obtain an armed security job why don't you just get yourself a usedpistol such as a Hi Point that can be had for around a $100 or so? You claim to have a CPL, do you know anyone that can lend you a pistolso you canget your armed security jobuntil you get back on your feet and purchase your own?

Oh God, now I'm starting to sound like HankT. :shock:

d_hillman00

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Let's see if I got this right. You have a CPL but no gun (pistol), but yet, you can easily obtain an armed security position if you had one due to your background. With your "background" what was your position prior to being unemployed? If you can "easily" obtain an armed security job why don't you just get yourself a usedpistol such as a Hi Point that can be had for around a $100 or so? You claim to have a CPL, do you know anyone that can lend you a pistolso you canget your armed security jobuntil you get back on your feet and purchase your own?

Oh God, now I'm starting to sound like HankT. :shock:
I have a CPL, I have been offered a few jobs already but they ask if i have a gun and of course i say no,No oneelse I know has a gun, they either dont like them or are living with a felon, so they dont want to deal with it. I was a 31B military police in the army, so i have a good background for the job. I appreciate your input but all these problems have just aroused in the last couple of days and come friday of next week i will be buying a gun. Thanks again