• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

run in with LEO's

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

aadvark wrote:
In general, a Law Enforcement Officer must have a reasonable articulabe suspicion to believe that a crime has occurred,is occurring, or will occur in order to initiate or begina Terry Stop. The stop has to be based on more than a hunch, but nevertheless, a probable cause.

Your italics are VERY correct.

Now, not trying to be too picky aarvark, but you're correct about "reasonable aritculable suspicion" (RS) but the last sentence should also say "RS" instead of probable cause... two different levels of articulation. In addition to needing RS to initiate a stop, the officer ALSO needs RS to believe that you're armed... and given the training LE recieves today, almost anything can count as RS to pat you down.

headhunter09

imported post

So update on the encounter. I went to the bpd and wanted to file a report and they said that they had other things to deal with so it would be a waiste of time to file! I was like WTF in my head but didnt want to piss them off too bad. So i was also at the same bank the other day, not OCing and was talking to one of the account ppl about what happened and she told me that " if i walked in with a gun on my hip then they would not call the police because they have no problem with OC in there banks" so i ws happy t hear that.

DCR

imported post

You will only get the run-around from BPD.

Go to the ombudsman: http://www.boiseombudsman.org/

You can file the report online. If you have the time, go to the "Investigative Reports" section to see what kind of investigation he does, and what kind of reports he writes.

He's supposed to be there as a liaison between the public and the police, and is your only hope for anyone looking into anything.

"Other things to deal with" and a "waste of time to file," indeed!:cuss: Well, regardless the outcome, if you go to the Ombudsman, they WILL be taking time from those other things to answer his questions; too bad they weren't more receptive to your request to file a report because an ombudsman investigation will take more time.

ecocks

imported post

Actually, I suspect that this response they gave you about it being a waste of time will also involve another question or two.

They need to learn that trying to forestall an investigation will neither cover things up nor save them any time from dealing with their pesky citizen employers.

They work for us.