• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russia to replace AKs

thorvaldr

imported post

David.Car wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
im a little skeptical of the PP2000. i would defiantly not want to bring that to a carbine fight
It is like a super uzi! :)
Sorry, to me it looks like a 9MM pistol with a flash hider, butt stock and a grip thingy on the trigger guard. I think I'd rather have an Uzi. From the article it looked like these were new guns for the police, not the army.

Hiredgun30

imported post

v-lad putin must have buddies that he wants to help make rich...

i think the 9mm AK clone should be a companion to the ak47/74, not replace it

Tomahawk

imported post

If I read the article right, this isn't for infantry, but for police in the "Interior Ministry", which I'm guessing is some sort of paramilitary homeland security club like the Gestapo and its cousins.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
If I read the article right, this isn't for infantry, but for police in the "Interior Ministry", which I'm guessing is some sort of paramilitary homeland security club like the Gestapo and its cousins.
Oh, like the TSA and the NYPD Transit Authority squads. :?

:p

redlegagent

imported post

Interior Ministry troops traditionally were the troops who were used to defend defense installations and other state security installations as well as prisons etc. They shouldn't be confused with the regular army or the Frontier Troops (KGB) who guard the border. Apparently, they will also be used by some police and special operation units as well per the article. :)