• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russian Analyst Predicts Breakup of USA

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, I only skimmed the article on first read. Obviously a bad move, but I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing. It was too stupendously dumb.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
If someone here actually agreed with the article, I missed it. My "negativity" is simply me pointing out stupidity where I see it.
Not really sure what you are calling stupid... The fact that I posted this article, the fact that the Drudge Report posted this article on their site, or the Russian analyst.

Your excessive critisisms of those that differ from your opinion combined with your consistent lambasting and hateful rhetoricof entire sections of the country that do not believe in your leftist version of how America should be, leaves you with little credibility and appears to be incessant trolling.

When it comes right down to it, the version of America you wish for is not a lot different from Canada.Good luck with that wish, it doesn't seem like anything that I would think one would desire...

By the way, for one that has such strong "opinion" on many subjects on an open carry of firearms and pro-2nd amendment forum, and for someone that speaks down to us, ridicules us, and criticizes us regularly for not only our opinions, but for even posting on a forum at all, I find itrather humerous that despite your self-appointed superiority, you post here often andadmittedly don't even open carry.

Do you even support the practice? Do you believe in unregulated gun ownership?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have had in-depth discussion with AWDstylez, and I can answer those questions for him:

1: Yes, in rural areas.

2: No. Government needs to regulate human behavior.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Not really sure what you are calling stupid... The fact that I posted this article, the fact that the Drudge Report posted this article on their site, or the Russian analyst.

All three. I think it was pretty clear. The article is clearly worthless for anything other than a laugh (which isn't allowed here when off topic, which this is). Drudge posted it to stir up people that don't know better (i.e. almost everyone that reads that site), that much is obvious. Why the Russian wrote it or you bothered to repeat it is beyond me.

Marshaul was close. I support the practice when done properly, meaning when done in such a way it does not bring ill-will and reflect poorly on the pro-gun community as a whole. Like it or not, people in the open carry movement aren't the only gun owners in the country and need to be mindful of how they reflect on the community as a whole (which they often aren't). As separate as you might want to be, the rest of the country sees open carriers and the rest of the gun owning community as one in the same. Every idiot cowboy that supports the negative stereotype the antis have created does the whole of us far more harm than good. I've discussed this a million and one times already.

As for unregulated ownership, absolutely not. That would beone of those cases of you disagreeing with the Supreme Court based on your own opinions and nothing more. Goread the national park carry thread or the felons' rights thread if you really want my lengthy opinion on that matter.

And I have to lol at my supposed "hate" of "entire areas of the country." If you can't take some stereotype jokes (that many people here prove true) then GTF off the internet. :quirky