• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sadistic child-hating cop shoots five kittens in front of children

notalawyer

the story is misleading from the beginning. It wasn't a "cop" but rather an animal control officer that was called for feral cats in question. Shooting them in front of the kids wasnt the best or a well thought out plan though. it's not like some cop was chunking random kittens from a skeet thrower and blasting with his 870 shotty.

It wasn't a "cop"
Actualy he was.

And
chunking random kittens from a skeet thrower and blasting with his 870 shotty
Don't knock it until you've tried it!

minarchist

you know not what you speak.

If you deny that the corporation is a creation of the state, then you're a tard.

If you deny that limited liability encourages reckless behavior, then you lack basic reasoning skills.

If you deny that it is unjust to diminish one's right to sue based on a legitimate grievance without that individual's consent, then you're a dick.

notalawyer

One shouldn't knock shooting noisy, smelly, obnoxious creatures that insecure pricks who desperately need sycophants (Hitler is a perfect example) prefer, until one has tried it.

Well yes, it's far more entertaining (and useful with regard to skills development/maintainence) to utilize some form of movement (skeet thrower) than to simply shoot the noisy, smelly, obnoxious creatures as they frolic and play in the woodpile. Other times it's useful to fire a 'warning shot' to spur the little cuties into self propelled motion before slaughtering them. It's more sporting that way!

Ca Patriot

If you deny that the corporation is a creation of the state, then you're a tard.

If you deny that limited liability encourages reckless behavior, then you lack basic reasoning skills.

If you deny that it is unjust to diminish one's right to sue based on a legitimate grievance without that individual's consent, then you're a dick.

Classy.

END_THE_FED

Does anyone else think that the worst part of this story is the fact that this person had a few cats in the yard and the best solution she could come up with was to call the government for help? I think that is the real problem.

What did she think they were going to do? Move the kittens to some farm where they can frolic in the grass and live happily ever after? Even if they were taken to a "shelter" they would have most likely been killed. I have heard many shelters kill these animals by shoving several of them into a gas chamber, sounds like a gun shot might be a bit less painful and quicker than that.

On a side note. Why is killing feral cats any different or worse than killing rats or mice or any other animal that one thinks is a pest?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Does anyone else think that the worst part of this story is the fact that this person had a few cats in the yard and the best solution she could come up with was to call the government for help? I think that is the real problem.

What did she think they were going to do? Move the kittens to some farm where they can frolic in the grass and live happily ever after? Even if they were taken to a "shelter" they would have most likely been killed. I have heard many shelters kill these animals by shoving several of them into a gas chamber, sounds like a gun shot might be a bit less painful and quicker than that.

On a side note. Why is killing feral cats any different or worse than killing rats or mice or any other animal that one thinks is a pest?

I have just didn't want to open that can of worms also.

A lot of people have become very dependent on the government for all actions that at one time they never would had call the police fire department or other government agency.

Drives me nuts the BS calls we had to handle because people have becomes use to some one else handling it for them.

Being raise on a farm a ways from town we were taught to take care of things are selves because he had to.

Back then are SO had two deputies they would have laughed at you to take care of some stray cats. Then they would have said shoot them.

Until 1983 in Wis when the anti's/can't kill any thing people got the law changed strays were shot. The law read something like this if a dog had a collar on it wasn't considered a stray. If no collar and was off its property it could be shot on sight.

When you received a dog complaint( most of the time the people took care of things themselves.)

A typical phone call went like this hello this deputy smith I understand you have a stray dog. Yes I do

Deputy does it have a collar on it

no.

Deputy the county doesn't have a pound or any place to keep them.

What's going to happen?

Deputy well here's what you can do find the dog a good home, keep it your self or shoot it.

Well why don't you come and pick it up.

Deputy we don't have a pound or any place to kept them so if I come out and unless it has a collar on and tags I am going to shoot it.

About 45 percent they would say I'll find a home or keep it

20 percent would shoot them their selves.

35 percent of time the Deputy would take the dog for a ride down a back road open the door dog would run out , a load 00 buck would finish the job.

Now we have a full time paid dog/animal warden, a pound to maintain, vehicle for them to use ,up keep and

food, water ,vet bills.

All on the tax payers dime.

Then we also have a humane society that has a big fancy building that charges a lot to adopt one of there critters, who is always sticking their noses into other peoples business.

Begging for money to support a bunch of dogs and cats that have no real value except to raise money for them.

Things were a lot simpler and cheaper when people took care of the problems them self's.

Daylen

I highly doubt that you'd refrain from b!tching if some psychopath did something traumatizing, such as torturing some person, in front of young children whom you're related to.

cat != person

dispatching with a firearm != torturing

your argument is invalid.

sudden valley gunner

extreme profit at the peril and expense of other people is bad.

We've already fought this battle in this country, the days of pouring toxic chemicals in the rivers and sending coal miners into the mines with no safety equipment and paying them company scrip are over. the extreme libertarians are the ones with no understanding, you have a nice racket set up, if companies mistreat people even if they wecould've profitably not done so it's actually the governments fault! how can you lose if you apply logic like that?

I have no beef with people making a profit, profit is great. no one has a problem with that. using a position of power to abuse people and subject them to horrifying conditions while hiding behind the blanket of capitalism is what's wrong...

but this is a debate for another thread.....

so if you want to start yet another social lounge thread on the topic and debate this again there I'll be happy to do so...

Eric, this is an evasion and a misdirection of what you said...
there is almost no way a police department as currently structured can make a profit... well maybe in extremely rural areas with little crime.

Switching to
extreme profit at the peril and expense of others
another fallacious saying leaving so many loop holes and assertions that others such as Eye and Marshaul has showed you to be sophism.

I will also say these are contradictory statements about the instution , much of police work is at the expense and peril at others while the individual officers and departments profit from; not only in salaries, and ridiculous unconstitutional forfeiture (much of what they keep) but also politically with apologist who support their actions.

Daylen

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with cats, they almost always like me (maybe I have an interesting musk). However, I see nothing wrong with what the cop did.

Children are coddled too much and are made weak by not being exposed to death. Perhaps rightly we associate mental illness with those who enjoy killing too much or inflicting pain (unless its a cat doing the killing inflicting pain). But nothing for those unable to handle death. Its unhealthy; if you doubt this enter, with no weapons or means of defense, the domain of a hungry predator and prostrate yourself.
Also, I'm not too keen on those who want to end something's life, yet are unwilling to do the deed themselves; instead opting to have someone else do the bloodletting and only gaining the benefit of the creature's death. The kids and mother should at least be witness to the act.

georg jetson

SNIP
Also, I'm not too keen on those who want to end something's life, yet are unwilling to do the deed themselves; instead opting to have someone else do the bloodletting and only gaining the benefit of the creature's death. The kids and mother should at least be witness to the act.

Reminds me of an experience my girlfriend had... She heard some meek squealing and further investigation revealed a baby squirrel that had been partially mauled by a dog. She was on private property in a rural area and thought the only thing she could do was put it out of it's misery so...

She pulled out her sidearm and shot it... with her eyes closed. She didn't want to see the impact so the shot hit the squirrel, but didn't do the job. She shot it again... with her eyes closed... the shot hit the squirrel, but didn't do the job. :(

The fifth shot did the job because she kept her eye on the target. She learned her lesson.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

You're yet another strawman lover: I am ridiculing the cop for the mental damage to the children, not for the deaths of the kittens.

Dude, my comment that you quoted was not even directed toward you or anything you said. In order for there to be a "strawman" there has to be an arggument, there was none. Nowhere in my post did I address any of your comments. You are jumping the gun here. Had I been trying to argue/debate with you I would have quoted you or at least, well you know argued about something you actually said.