• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safe Room

B

Bikenut

imported post

JohnK87 wrote:
My dream house would have a full basement that would be walled off to appear as the end of the basement about 12' from the end of the house. It would have poured, reinforced concrete walls, a hidden vault door, and a hatch to the master bedroom above. The ceiling would also be reinforced concrete. It would function as a gun room, storm shelter and panic room. There would be a small ventilation system to outside the house in a hidden location, and wired and wireless communication and CCTV.

The idea would be that if the alarm went off in the house, you could get the family down in the room and call police from there. It would be enough to hold off a burglar indefinitely, unless he brings safecracking tools or a jackhammer.

(Then I would line the walls with guns, but that is a different part of the fantasy.)
I like the way you think!:D