• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAN FRANCISCO MEETUP, Presidio National Park (Feb. 27th 2010) 11am

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

One of the best articles I've seen. Out of the SF Chronicle, no less.

Yeah, that nude videographer seemed creepy. They make it sound as if he's a voyeur instead of a professional filming for some nudist organization.

Gundude

imported post

"They're not dressed to pick up trash," said Ashley Bahney, 27, of Oakland. "When they said, 'Hi,' I was pretty weirded out by that."

Who is this guy, the trash pick up fashion coordinator?

Brad Lawrence came to Baker Beach on Saturday so he could take video of people bathing nude, which is common in the north section of the beach. But it was too cold for the bathers, and in their place, Lawrence saw the men with guns.

This guy will soon be blind from watching all the nude vids he takes.

TatankaGap

imported post

Outstanding everyone who made it in SF :celebrate

I love the fact that somehow it's OK in SF to use your free time to go take video of nude sunbathers but it is 'shocking' to be openly armed.

>Brad Lawrence came to Baker Beach on Saturday so he could take video of people bathing nude, which is common in the north section of the beach. But it was too cold for the bathers, and in their place, Lawrence saw the men with guns.

>"I was shocked," said Lawrence, 37, who lives in the adjacent Sea Cliff neighborhood. "I'm afraid of guns."

Personally, I'm shocked that a 37 year old dude gets his kicks taking peeping tom videos, I'm not surprised he's afraid of guns.... :what:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I found this remark quite interesting:

An argument that society is safer with guns is not convincing in a place where children are playing in the surf and picnicking, said Ludo Thomasson, 32, of San Francisco.

"I want them do the same thing in Oakland - and not Baker Beach, where people are walking their dogs," he said.
It's almost like this guy isn't an anti, he just thinks this is needed more in violent communities like Oakland. Perhaps he has a point.

Maybe we should do a trash pickup in Oakland?

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Anyone have access to Lawrence's video?

Uh, of the UOC group, that is. I can go to Baker to see the nudes first hand--voyeurism is not my thing.

Gundude

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Anyone have access to Lawrence's video?

Uh, of the UOC group, that is. I can go to Baker to see the nudes first hand--voyeurism is not my thing.
It's the one thats sticky to the touch.

Livermoron

imported post

I noticed that most of the Bay Area TV stations published web articles about the SF National Park Meetup - BUT none of them actually showed up to film or interview folks. Maybe that's why they used a stock photo of a person who was NOT at the Meetup (who also appeared to be concealed carrying lifting his shirt)...

Great job Bay Area TV!

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

cato wrote:
I would forward any "e" check info by feds to Gene at CGF (time, place, ranger names badge numbersetc... ;)) I think there might be an interesting twist available there for an "e" check challenge considering the feds did it this time in a national park.

+1

A few days ago I had an idea of what the "twist" might be, but a couple days of RX pain meds flushed the memory banks... now there's just a ghastly whisp of that thought remaining...

So, don't ask me how, but I have a hunch that this could be a big deal...