• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB228 on it's way to the Governor's desk

Firearms Iinstuctor

Hundreds of thousands of hunters travel with guns in the passingger compartment every year they get stop by wardens and LEO all the time I don't see any body arrested for CCW wih long guns.

It is going to be a reach for them to be now.

Maybe if your in down town Mliw or Madison I don't belive it going to be any more problem then it has been in the rest of the state.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hundreds of thousands of hunters travel with guns in the passingger compartment every year they get stop by wardens and LEO all the time I don't see any body arrested for CCW wih long guns.

It is going to be a reach for them to be now.

Maybe if your in down town Mliw or Madison I don't belive it going to be any more problem then it has been in the rest of the state.

Mistakenly or not; before, many LEO believed (and I've heard them say it) that encasing a firearm made it "out of reach" for the purposes of 941.23. Now that it can be uncased they may decide it's "within reach" for their discretionary purposes. The discretion devil is in the details.